Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Open Letter to MNR, Jeff Yurek answer, Moose hunting in Ontario
shooterstandby
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 08:20 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16268

If you missed the initial post, please go back and read it. I sent the Open Letter to MNR to the new MNR Minister, Honorable Jeff Yurek. He answer back with a letter full of generalities that don't offer any solutions or changes to their policies. The only interesting part of the letter is that he gives me the name and contact for Patrick Hubert, Wildlife Biologist-Policy Advisor, Wildlife Section, at (705) 755-1932 or patrick.hubert@ontario.ca. to bring the issues to his attention. I post this here so that everybody interested can contact him and bring the points of discontent directly to his attention.
I also attach the response from Hon. Jeff Yurek.
Let's push this forward, all of us and see where it goes. Maybe we are able to produce change. Apparently the new Minister wants to change some things around. I hope we can all try to get involved and influence these changes. I believe this is a good opportunity for us.

Regards
Nick Sevastian
(shooterstandby)

This post has been edited by shooterstandby on Oct 09, 2018 - 08:20 am

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 09:17 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Posting the guys name and contact info in a public forum for everybody to pester him might not be the best way to build good will.

PMEmail Poster
shooterstandby
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 09:31 am

Alevin

If you read Jeff's letter you see that there is no restriction to use his reply for public interest. On the contrary I am recommended to bring my concerns to Mr. Patrick's attention. Since I think hunters in general have also concerns, I find it reasonable to give you the avenue that can give you answers. Is not about GOOD WILL here, is about a Ministry that is paid with our monies and rarely gives us any chance to have input. This is our opportunity to get some answers, and everybody can use it if they want.
Does anybody believes that MNR has any good will towards hunters?

PMEmail Poster
ytjigger
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 02:02 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 17

They love my moose tag money.

PMEmail Poster
Duxx
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 07:31 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9447

Imagine a public servant serving the public. Cray cray. If you put out together a well written letter send it. Use the 12 hour drive with no tag to think about it.

Political pressure makes a difference

PMEmail Poster
shooterstandby
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 09:16 am

Alevin

I already sent the letter to MNR and the new Minister Jeff Yurek, you find it in a previous posting named OPEN LETTER TO MNR. BE PART OF THE SOLUTION.
in this new post I attached Jeff Yurek's answer to my original letter. He is the new MNR Minister. If anybody is interested to give feedback to either MNR or myself please use the info you find in these two posts.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace