Hunting Forum Hunting Regulations    
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Crossbows, Stryker solution LS or an Excalibur
Boulder
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 05:46 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4596

If ya want a bow that will last forever, and will perform in the harshest conditions , donít mess around with the wanna be bows get the best ( Excalibur is your answer.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 10:12 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

Not to run down what is well established as a great product but I would like to play devil's advocate a little here. While I don't disagree that everything you folks are saying about Excalibur is true, I believe much of the same can be said for compound bows... I have an entry level compound xbow because it offered lots of features for the price and it was in my price range. Uncocked it is narrower than a micro is cocked it has a pistol grip near the center which makes it very well balanced not forward heavy like some bows can be and also accommodates us tall guys with a longer length of pull, very easy to c### with the provided cocking rope and tough as nails to boot! A couple years ago on new years eve I went through a (not so) frozen Creek up to my waist and instinct kicked in and I threw the bow to grab at the bank and pull myself up. When I got on shore I could just see only the rear tip of the scope peaking out of the snow. Got home dried it off gave it a once over for any obvious damage and fired it and it still splits bolts no problem! Jury is still out whether it will kill a deer but that's more my hunting skill than an equipment issue. Just sayin... If something looks and feels good to you don't discount it because it's not an Excalibur...

PMEmail Poster
1stdrift
Posted: Nov 03, 2018 - 06:08 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9278

Thanks everyone for your inputs....ended up with and Excalibur found a good deal...

PMEmail Poster
Mr Meat
Posted: Nov 03, 2018 - 08:12 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15336

What model?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace