Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 9 10 11   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> milwaukee m18 fuel vs dewalt 20v max xr for ice au
longfish
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 - 09:21 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (zuperalexu @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:08 pm)
QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Dec 12, 2018 - 07:55 pm)
QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 12, 2018 - 07:27 pm)
QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 10, 2018 - 08:41 pm)
Today I just purchased the Milwaukee hammer drill, the newest model # 2804-22 from Home Depot which regular priced at $399.† After I showed them the TSC price they not only matched the price but also beat it by 10%...† sweet!

Since I've upgraded my drill now I would like to upgrade my auger set from 6" to 8"... considered k-drill or go around with some other hand auger set. I saw this new eskimo pistol bit auger on youtube they are comparing with k-drill claiming that it's the lightest (around 3lb) and made specifically for cordless drill.

CT will have it on sale for $299 but if you buy it tomorrow you will also get $50 promo card (flyer says Thursday only on $200 or more purchase). I think I'm gonna give this auger a shot. What do you guys think about this auger?

https://youtu.be/NronqRmiAh4

I was looking at the same one as the KDrill is not a full 8Ē cut... kinda misleading.

Iíd be good to pull the trigger, but just wondering where you saw the sale starting tomorrow? I see the gas Eskimos on sale, but no pistol Bit.

Maybe Iím missing it on the flyer?

It's in the flyer. Just checked.

$299.99 reduced from $329.99

If you buy it tomorrow you get a $50 promo card plus if you have a Canadian tire Mastercard you get some additional cash back.

Alex

Awesome....found it....will pick one up tomorrow.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 03:06 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (longfish @ Dec 12, 2018 - 10:21 pm)
QUOTE (zuperalexu @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:08 pm)
QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Dec 12, 2018 - 07:55 pm)
QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 12, 2018 - 07:27 pm)
QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 10, 2018 - 08:41 pm)
Today I just purchased the Milwaukee hammer drill, the newest model # 2804-22 from Home Depot which regular priced at $399.† After I showed them the TSC price they not only matched the price but also beat it by 10%...† sweet!

Since I've upgraded my drill now I would like to upgrade my auger set from 6" to 8"... considered k-drill or go around with some other hand auger set. I saw this new eskimo pistol bit auger on youtube they are comparing with k-drill claiming that it's the lightest (around 3lb) and made specifically for cordless drill.

CT will have it on sale for $299 but if you buy it tomorrow you will also get $50 promo card (flyer says Thursday only on $200 or more purchase). I think I'm gonna give this auger a shot. What do you guys think about this auger?

https://youtu.be/NronqRmiAh4

I was looking at the same one as the KDrill is not a full 8Ē cut... kinda misleading.

Iíd be good to pull the trigger, but just wondering where you saw the sale starting tomorrow? I see the gas Eskimos on sale, but no pistol Bit.

Maybe Iím missing it on the flyer?

It's in the flyer. Just checked.

$299.99 reduced from $329.99

If you buy it tomorrow you get a $50 promo card plus if you have a Canadian tire Mastercard you get some additional cash back.

Alex

Awesome....found it....will pick one up tomorrow.

I've read a couple reports where the pistol bit can have a tendency to "walk" a bit on glare ice until it bites in. A couple guys ended up with some nasty gashes on their feet. I'm sure it can happen with any drill, but just something to keep in mind if you're using it for the first time.

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 07:15 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

I agree with Chuck. It will walk for sure given how light it is.

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 09:09 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11376

those shaver blades are not durable, couple years ago i was in Port Bolster and i guess the ice breaks up and refreezes allot in that area and the ice had a bunch of sand and pebbles frozen further down in the ice column and it just shredded my blade edge and put a couple of good nicks in them. My brother has had the kdrill for over 4 years now and still the same blades never sharpened and he was drilling holes right beside me with no issues, i think the chipper blades do a better job of tossing the ice pieces or little chunks, reminds me of how the gas augers use to work and those blades were way more durable. The spike alone is why i would go kdrill, i have had lots of experience with both styles and would not go back to a shaver blade style auger unless using by hand. If i recall kdrill offers free resharpening as well just my 2 cents

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 04:35 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

Well, Iím ready to go!

Could not justify the $300 Eskimo Pistol so opted for the 8Ē Mora, a Clam plate, and a new safety set from Frabil with spikes for my feet, and hands ($15, regular $30)

They have 2 Clam plates and 1 Eskimo Pistol at CT Sheppard/Leslie area. FYI

Price match to Cabelaís worked fine at CT, so $99.99 rather than $139.99 for the plate, and the 8Ē Mora was on sale for $95.99.

Got me over the $200 mark and scored the $50 card promo CT is having today.

So after the $50 back, Iím looking at about 149 or so for the plate and 8Ē Mora.

Not bad seeing that the Clam plate was listed at $140 on its own before the price match.

Iíll probably order a 12Ē extension from amazon so I donít have to crouch over.

Ready for the ice!!!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 04:44 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Dec 13, 2018 - 04:35 pm)
Well, Iím ready to go!

Could not justify the $300 Eskimo Pistol so opted for the 8Ē Mora, a Clam plate, and a new safety set from Frabil with spikes for my feet, and hands ($15, regular $30)

They have 2 Clam plates and 1 Eskimo Pistol at CT Sheppard/Leslie area. FYI

Price match to Cabelaís worked fine at CT, so $99.99 rather than $139.99 for the plate, and the 8Ē Mora was on sale for $95.99.

Got me over the $200 mark and scored the $50 card promo CT is having today.

So after the $50 back, Iím looking at about 149 or so for the plate and 8Ē Mora.

Not bad seeing that the Clam plate was listed at $140 on its own before the price match.

Iíll probably order a 12Ē extension from amazon so I donít have to crouch over.

Ready for the ice!!!

The extension makes it more comfortable to use but makes it a awkwardly long and tough to store in my flip.

PMEmail Poster
Fishin fan
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 04:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6321

Man you are ready to rock this year. I think you spent more than me! Hope the QF5 treats you well along with the rest of your new toys.

Dave

PMEmail Poster
Fishin fan
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 05:14 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6321

QUOTE (zuperalexu @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:39 pm)
QUOTE (Fishin fan @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:12 pm)
Iím sure the fish arenít that excited!  When r we getting out for some splake?  Iíll even drill Alex!

Dave

Sent you a PM Dave.

Whoever wants the eskimo pistol bit, needs to be quick. Not a lot of available stock out there. I can only see 3 available in the Pickering area for example.

Alex

Pm sent back!👍

Dave

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 05:27 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (Fishin fan @ Dec 13, 2018 - 04:49 pm)
Man you are ready to rock this year. I think you spent more than me! Hope the QF5 treats you well along with the rest of your new toys.

Dave

Lol, thanks Dave!

I have been Jerry-rigging my worn out gear, so this new addition will be a big help! I am gonna set up the QF this weekend and rebuild my smitty sled... itís seen better days!
😁

Thanks all, for all the great info on this particular thread. Now, just need some ice to tear up!!!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 06:49 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Fishin fan @ Dec 13, 2018 - 05:14 pm)
QUOTE (zuperalexu @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:39 pm)
QUOTE (Fishin fan @ Dec 12, 2018 - 08:12 pm)
Iím sure the fish arenít that excited!† When r we getting out for some splake?† Iíll even drill Alex!

Dave

Sent you a PM Dave.

Whoever wants the eskimo pistol bit, needs to be quick. Not a lot of available stock out there. I can only see 3 available in the Pickering area for example.

Alex

Pm sent back!👍

Dave

I got the last one first thing this morning at the Georgetown CTC......my 9.0 battery came today.....now just waiting for the Clam transfer plate to arrive......got half of my smitty sled built today....will finish it tomorrow.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
CandR
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 06:57 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16477

Hey BlackCrowe13
Your new ice gear looks awesome... I went with eskimo pistol bit today because CT has 1yr exchange policy...
Thanks people for the heads up on "walk" issue with shaver blades.. I'll be extra careful when starting to drill the hole.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 07:38 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 13, 2018 - 06:57 pm)
Hey BlackCrowe13
Your new ice gear looks awesome... I went with eskimo pistol bit today because CT has 1yr exchange policy...
Thanks people for the heads up on "walk" issue with shaver blades.. I'll be extra careful when starting to drill the hole.

No matter which bit we choose... itíll rip! Lol

I really wanted the Eskimo, but the GF has seen too much dough going out for ice fishing, and there is no ice yet! Hahhaha

My equation is

The more I spend on fishing = The more she expects me to spend on her Xmas present!

😂😂😂

I literally had the box for the Pistol in my hand, but add my M18, all my wiring for my sonar, new pair of 12ah batteries for the sonar, and, and, and... lol you get the idea. $300 for the bit was just too rich for my blood. Now, if I am not happy with the Mora, you know Iíll be back at CT exchanging it for a Pistol!

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 08:07 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Dec 13, 2018 - 07:38 pm)
QUOTE (CandR @ Dec 13, 2018 - 06:57 pm)
Hey BlackCrowe13
Your new ice gear looks awesome...  I went with eskimo pistol bit today because CT has 1yr exchange policy... 
Thanks people for the heads up on "walk" issue with shaver blades..  I'll be extra careful when starting to drill the hole.

No matter which bit we choose... itíll rip! Lol

I really wanted the Eskimo, but the GF has seen too much dough going out for ice fishing, and there is no ice yet! Hahhaha

My equation is

The more I spend on fishing = The more she expects me to spend on her Xmas present!

😂😂😂

I literally had the box for the Pistol in my hand, but add my M18, all my wiring for my sonar, new pair of 12ah batteries for the sonar, and, and, and... lol you get the idea. $300 for the bit was just too rich for my blood. Now, if I am not happy with the Mora, you know Iíll be back at CT exchanging it for a Pistol!

I did the same thing Blackcrowe....got the box in my hand and contemplated....then I said to H with it.....and I took it home....with the $50 coupon....will prolly pick up a extension with that.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
zuperalexu
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 08:17 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

Question- Can you use the clam plate with the pistol?
Does it have a handle?

Otherwise you might have to attach the pistol straight to the Milwaukee chuck.

PMEmail Poster
Icefisher64
Posted: Dec 16, 2018 - 06:17 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16553

Milwaukee all the way

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 9 10 11  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace