Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wil's Swim With The Fishes Aug 11,2018, 4km swim across Cooch fundraiser
Wil Wegman
Posted: Aug 06, 2018 - 09:20 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 849

Wil's Swim With The Fishes Aug 11: 4KM Across Cooch to help Abused Kids

I'm at it again Lake Simcoe Fishing enthusiasts and as usual I'm trying to really count on the fishing community to contribute whatever they can for this worthy cause. The annual Sun City charity Swim with all proceeds to the Simcoe Muskoka Child Advocacy Centre for abused kids, is something I train for all year by swimming laps in our local pool. I've really stepped up my training ... from 4-5km per week to double that - to try and beat my personal best time of just under 1 1/2 hours across the lake. It'll be impossible if there's a strong head or side wind- which is often the case, plus I get distracted looking for fish while I'm at it too... and I see several This year all contributions over $25, will put you into a special draw for a first place prize package consisting of: A Bass Pro Shops Gift Card, $50 worth of Rapala Tackle and $50 worth of HT Ice fishing tackle. To Contribute To my 2018 Swim With the Fishes there is a safe and secure on-line giving page through Canada Helps. Please make any contributions here before Friday Aug 10: www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/wil-wegman-to-swim-with-the-fishes-across-lake-c-3/
Thanks very much Lake Simcoe Anglers!
Wil Wegman

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Aug 06, 2018 - 02:34 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

Fill up on beans before as this might give you some extra thrust..
Good luck on the swim.
Cheers Dave..

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Aug 06, 2018 - 08:11 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

4km in 1.5 hours.... hmmmm that is good trolling speed. Tie a line with a spoon on your toe and maybe catch a pike while you are at it! 👍

Hope the wind and weather is in your favour that day!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace