Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whitestone Lake
bunhead1974
Posted: Oct 14, 2018 - 07:37 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 4767

Just looking for information on the following lakes, looking at booking a cottage in July or August next year.

Whitestone and Lake MANITOUWABING

Fishing pressure and types of fish?

Thanks

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 15, 2018 - 11:17 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14137

Hey, what's up. I have never fished Whitestone but have fished Manitouwabing plenty of times. I have 2 friends who have cottages on that lake.

First off, it's a really big lake full of islands and back bays. There is very little to no pressure on that lake. We rarely see any other boats fishing. (not sure how busy it gets for ice fishing)

There are huge bass in that lake but if you're targeting them, you have to be wary of those pesky pikes. I've lost way so many jerkbaits to those damn pikes...lol. The pike in that lake will bite anything. If you're tossing a froggie around lily pads, be prepared for a pike to fly out the water and smash it. Same goes for any topwater lures.

I've only fished for bass there so I'm not sure what other species are available. Hope this helps and good luck

PMEmail Poster
Sabotfish
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 - 07:02 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5290

Whitestone - walleye, bass, pike, crappie

Manitou - walleye, whitefish I believe or herring canít remember which, pike, bass

Both produce good fishing. Manitou gets a little more pressure in the winter

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace