Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fantastic ice fishing light., 75% off. Now $5.00....
WTFish
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 - 11:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14462

PMEmail Poster
old_al
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 - 11:12 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 389

Just weighted my batteries: SLA (sealed led acid) 12v 7.2 Ah is 2417gr vs a
3s3p Li-Ion battery built from 28650 3500mah cells (That is 12.6V 10.5Ah) 605grams in triple casing including BMS board.
The SLA battery four times heavier than my Lithium one.
Plus there is a big advantage that the Lithium one can provide almost twice the power of the lead one due it's lower cut-out voltage.

PMEmail Poster
old_al
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 - 11:28 pm

Alevin

QUOTE (WTFish @ Nov 28, 2018 - 11:10 pm)
https://www.consumerreports.org/product-saf...ires-on-planes/

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family-loses-...ttery-1.4193442

Please read: RELIABLE sources. I'm not talking about cheap china made stuff.
Do you have a laptop or a cell phone? may be power tools with the latest Lithium batteries?
Do they let you board a plane with your laptop, smart phone or notebook? Most likely those items have batteries from a reliable sources.
There is a lot of - I just call it- poorly made (cheap junk) is coming in from overseas meaning hazard for airplanes and for consumers as well. You must be selective what you are buying and from where.

PMEmail Poster
WTFish
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 - 11:42 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14462

I said they pose a certain fire risk - which they do. Not sure what you're getting upset about

PMEmail Poster
old_al
Posted: Nov 29, 2018 - 08:19 am

Alevin

QUOTE (WTFish @ Nov 28, 2018 - 11:42 pm)
I said they pose a certain fire risk - which they do.  Not sure what you're getting upset about

I am not getting upset, just trying to clear some misunderstanding. Not arguing with you.

I would call the lithium batteries with PCB (Protective Circuit Board) or battery packs with BMS one of the safest .
All energy sources could cause fire due to their open terminal. Look at the 9V or 12V SLA. Those terminals can easily come come in contact with conductive material to cause fire. All power sources are banned from air transportation including watch battery cells.
28650 is available at Sail, close to the cash register for around $18 each/a bit to expensive.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace