Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

COVID-19 Announcement

Ontario has enacted a "Declaration of emergency", as stated all
outdoor recreational amenities are now closed. Please Read..

Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nov 30th Hamilton Harbour
breakwater
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 - 07:29 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 7234

If you're plan on fishing in Hamilton Harbour, please be aware that over a period of 4+ years most recently, there was a leak of approximately 24 billion litres of storm runoff and raw sewage into Chedoke Creek which eventually makes its way via Cootes Paradise into Hamilton Harbour. You can Google "Hamilton Sewage Scandal" for additional details of this leak. I haven't heard anything about the testing and quality of the water in Hamilton Harbour nor the quality of the fish caught there. This raw sewage leak was hidden from the public by the City of Hamilton until most recently. So, if you're planning on fishing Hamilton Harbour and eating the fish that you catch there, be aware of what has happened.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 - 01:39 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6034

I think it's kind of like fight club. The first rule of eating fish out of Hamilton Harbour is - you don't eat fish out of Hamilton Harbour.

Nice going FSHN FRK.

PMEmail Poster
npetersen
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 - 09:42 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 337

Great fish!

Glad to hear you finally got out on the water and were rewarded with a nice fish.

We are hoping to try Quinte a few times this year, maybe we can hook up again.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 - 10:06 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (Chuck Enwinde @ Dec 13, 2019 - 02:39 am)
I think it's kind of like fight club. The first rule of eating fish out of Hamilton Harbour is - you don't eat fish out of Hamilton Harbour.

Nice going FSHN FRK.

OTOH I guess they would be high in iron?? The sewage is prob not an issue once the fish digest it. (haven't Googled that though)

PMEmail Poster
FSHN FRK
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 - 10:52 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 952

Chewie- Bills is great. Those boys are the best. 👍

Nichole- I would love to hook up with you guys again. Always a good time.
I have the same phone number, or message me here.

Cheers!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!