Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lower French river walleye, pike, bass, Hartley bay, bears den lodge area
bills25
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 09:38 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3367

Looking for any advice on where what to use to target walleye this time of year? I've fished the French in the spring many times but this will be my first fall trip. I've done a little research and from what I've read it seems I should look for water with a little current to it, is this good advice? The 2 spots that come to mind are the narrows by pig island, and sturgeon chutes my question would be is sturgeon chutes too out of the way of the main river channel for walleye this time of year? Also is there a depth range I should look for do fish hold deep this time of year? Also if there are any other spots with good current close by harltey Bay Area? As for the pike and bass I think I can figure them out there's so many up there. This will be my first time bringing my own boat up there usually we rent and are just using lower end fish finders so I'm sure with the higher tech electronics it will be eaisier theblocate schools of walleye. Any help would be appreciated not looking for exact locations and techniques just to be pointed in the right direction!!! I will be up that way October 8-12th so when I get back I will post how I did!!!

Thank you in advance to anyone that may be of help!!!!

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 03:59 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9546

Shoals, drop-offs and fast water are always good suggestions for Walleye. Been there many times and I agree.
Tossing crank baits along weedlines worked for us as well.

Good Luck,

PMEmail Poster
kmart
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 09:58 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16293

Maccallum narrows - upstream from Pig Island is a popular spot. Also further upstream is flat rapids on the French. Good luck

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace