» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Calendar bay ice conditions, Ice thickness?
Tomfoolery
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 - 04:39 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17025

New to the forum and headed to chilly Willy’s feb 15th. Anyone know how thick the ice is and if you can drive out to huts in half ton truck.

PMEmail Poster
Quigles716
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 - 07:34 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14796

It felt like -40 this morning. Last I heard it was about 2 feet thick.

PMEmail Poster
Iamvinny1
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 - 10:17 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 16942

QUOTE (Tomfoolery @ Jan 31, 2019 - 04:39 pm)
New to the forum and headed to chilly Willy’s feb 15th. Anyone know how thick the ice is and if you can drive out to huts in half ton truck.

We are headed up feb 8 weekend. We got 2 bungalows. Stayed with them last year. Great outfitters!!

PMEmail Poster
Tomfoolery
Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 07:46 am

Egg

Awesome thanks for the feedback. He is a great outfitter. 4th time headed to see Scottie at chilly Willy’s

PMEmail Poster
Tomfoolery
Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 08:10 pm

Egg

Any current updates?

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:33 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14767

I haven't been on Callander bay lately. I know it's over 2 feet and there are vehicles all over the ice. It's a small village in the winter. If I get a chance, I'll run down and drill a hole or two Monday and let you know about the thickness of the ice and conditions. We had a lot of rain here so every surface is coated with ice. Unsure about the slush conditions out there.

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 07:54 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14767

Tomfollery.

I was out on Callander Bay today, lots of snow but plenty of trucks and SUVs on the lake. One truck was moving his 8x12 ice hut so you should have no issues about driving on the lake.

There are some small patches of slush around the bay but that's because of the rain we had the other day. There is a good 2 feet of ice out there with a layer of snow then ice and more snow. As always, use caution and only stick to where other vehicles have been traveling.

Now, that said; we are expecting 25 -35 cm of snow Tuesday and Wednesday so the lake may suck of driving on then.

The guys around me were catching walleye but they were 15 - 17 inch range (no keepers). I caught a few jumbo perch only, good for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Cheers.

Good luck and tight lines.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace