Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice bungalows Feb 9.....
4Perch
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 04:14 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7313

Typed in the title....thatís about all I can say about the trip so far....wow terrible bite this year, 4 guys been fishing since 9am Friday 2 walleye (both under slot) 3 herring 4 perch and 4 mudpuppies....awful, anyone else out here doing any better, thrown a few tackle boxes at them and still nothing.....might be time to try another lake

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 04:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Hope the fishing picks up for you guys. Don't let your guard down. The fish are there. Maybe work as a team, get one guy with a big shiny spoon on and jig his heart out to attract some fish. The other 3 try 3 different set-ups ? See what happens.
Cheers

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:19 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11172

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 09, 2019 - 04:33 pm)
Hope the fishing picks up for you guys. Don't let your guard down. The fish are there. Maybe work as a team, get one guy with a big shiny spoon on and jig his heart out to attract some fish. The other 3 try 3 different set-ups ? See what happens.
Cheers

Good advice there Chevy. I pass that along to my group this week. There will be 8 of us so we should be able to call them.in on something.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:45 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (chazD @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:19 pm)
Hope the fishing picks up for you guys. Don't let your guard down. The fish are there. Maybe work as a team, get one guy with a big shiny spoon on and jig his heart out to attract some fish.  The other 3 try 3 different set-ups ? See what happens.
Cheers

Good advice there Chevy. I pass that along to my group this week. There will be 8 of us so we should be able to call them.in on something.

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping.
Safe travels and tight lines.
Cheers Kerry

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 10:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11172

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:45 pm)
QUOTE (chazD @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:19 pm)
Hope the fishing picks up for you guys. Don't let your guard down. The fish are there. Maybe work as a team, get one guy with a big shiny spoon on and jig his heart out to attract some fish.† The other 3 try 3 different set-ups ? See what happens.
Cheers

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping.
Safe travels and tight lines.
Cheers Kerry

Lol. Who sleeps the night before a fishing trip. Thanks Kerry. I hope to have good things to post.

Cheers
Chuck

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 10:33 pm

World Record Trout

Lol Chuck. We're just a bunch of 5 year olds waiting for Santa to arrive.
Nipissing is Christmas for adults.
Cheers bro
Kerry

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 10:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

my experience has been if you catching pups, the too much bait/trash down there

bring up lines and jig with one and have another set line with minnow 3 feet away

watch electronics and see what they do. many fish caught 8 feet down and 2-5 feet off bottom

gl

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Iamvinny1
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 12:46 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16942

We have been staying at chilly Willyís and between the 2 huts that we got we brought in 1 perch and 1 wallye. Both small. And every other hut really slow. Our flashers were marking fish and also have a camera that gets right to bottom. We seen lots of wallye and perch down there. Just nothing was biting. We watched them go up to our lures and swim away. There just not active. Home Time tomorrow ☹️

PMEmail Poster
4Perch
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 07:07 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7313

Thanks longshank,

Got up this morning at 530 hoping to redeem myself but so far nada, certainly been a different year for our group, we havenít necessarily lit it up in years past but at least we were catching fish at a steady rate. Sent the camera down to have a look at the bottom, didnít see much garbage, they odd dead minnow but thatís it....

Weíre thinking of trying temagami next year anyone have any experience there? Understand if you donít want to post it on here but send me a PM with your thoughts or any recommendations.

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 10:41 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (4Perch @ Feb 10, 2019 - 07:07 am)
Thanks longshank,

Got up this morning at 530 hoping to redeem myself but so far nada, certainly been a different year for our group, we havenít necessarily lit it up in years past but at least we were catching fish at a steady rate. Sent the camera down to have a look at the bottom, didnít see much garbage, they odd dead minnow but thatís it....

Weíre thinking of trying temagami next year anyone have any experience there? Understand if you donít want to post it on here but send me a PM with your thoughts or any recommendations.

Cheers

like the poster above you marking a lot of fish, but no bites on lures, tells me I would switch to ul and finesse presentations only, downsize minnows.

by ul, I mean this

we can talk about Temagami when you get back

Attached Image

ldub
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 11:00 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

It sucks when the fish aren't biting. We all know it's "fishing", not "catching", but it still sucks. Personally I will stick with Nipissing, there are good years and bad years for fishing, but we always do days huts and stay in town so the nights are always a blast. I've considered Temagami, but from my research and talking to others, it's a farther drive and certainly no guarantee of better results. The only difference would be species, and if you want lake trout and whitefish, there are lakes that are much closer, Simcoe being the most famous.

PMEmail Poster
BLabreche
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 12:07 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 15794

Might not help you guys who are currently out there but I just got back and have to say that most of our success was on large shiners. Like 4-6 inches long and the fatter the better.

fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 12:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (BLabreche @ Feb 10, 2019 - 12:07 pm)
Might not help you guys who are currently out there but I just got back and have to say that most of our success was on large shiners. Like 4-6 inches long and the fatter the better.

Great tip to pass along.

PMEmail Poster
GrandpaTaughtMe
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 02:10 pm

Egg

Member No.: 12794

Just finished our first ice bungalow trip on Nippising. Bite was slow but managed to fill a 5 gallon pale with perch. Had a few walley but all under an sustainable slot size. Went with reeds outdoor adventure and couldn't have been happier. The owner dan was out with us every day, giving us catch updates and lure options to try. Hopefully the weather picks a pattern and the bite picks up for the next guys.

PMEmail Poster
rjm
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 02:44 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 5534

What did you use to catch the perch?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace