Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> forest fires, any local reports?
westarm
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 09:29 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

these fires in marten river, south of temagami and north bay area are getting kinda scary, anyone have any news on these things?

hopefully they will get these dealt with and under control with no injuries and minor damage. stay safe all!

PMEmail Poster
Neil
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4203

Hi Westarm,

You may have seen this link to MNRF forest fire info map when I posted it a week or so ago. The map is loading pretty slowly but if you click on any of the active or new fires it will tell you the size and the status of the fire i.e. under control, being observed, etc. The map is loading pretty slowly today so be patient.
I also noticed some more of what looks to be thunder storms heading through the are just north of Nipissing currently. Could touch off some more as things are very dry up there.
The map also shows that a big chunk of northern Ontario is a shown as a fire restricted zone.

http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/Fo...NE&locale=en-US

Neil

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 02:17 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (Neil @ Jul 09, 2018 - 01:34 pm)
Hi Westarm,

You may have seen this link to MNRF forest fire info map when I posted it a week or so ago. The map is loading pretty slowly but if you click on any of the active or new fires it will tell you the size and the status of the fire i.e. under control, being observed, etc. The map is loading pretty slowly today so be patient.
I also noticed some more of what looks to be thunder storms heading through the are just north of Nipissing currently. Could touch off some more as things are very dry up there.
The map also shows that a big chunk of northern Ontario is a shown as a fire restricted zone.

http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/Fo...NE&locale=en-US

Neil

thanks for that Neil, yes our area as well as surrounding are currently under fire restriction. we need rain but not much in the forecast until Saturday. we need a couple solid days of rain, not exactly vacation friendly but it would prevent a lot of further damage. cheers!

PMEmail Poster
Neil
Posted: Jul 09, 2018 - 03:34 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4203

An article from Bay today re North Bay activating its emergency management plan. No evacuations or threats right now but the are getting ready to help with a large evacuations.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/forest-f...ent-plan-979193

Neil

PMEmail Poster
Chingachcook
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 02:56 pm

Fry

Member No.: 12172

Is there a fire ban in force in and around the West Arm of Lake Nippising presently ?

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 05:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (Chingachcook @ Jul 12, 2018 - 02:56 pm)
Is there a fire ban in force in and around the West Arm of Lake Nippising presently ?

I would think so!!!

PMEmail Poster
Chingachcook
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 - 12:41 pm

Fry

Member No.: 12172

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Jul 12, 2018 - 06:49 pm)
QUOTE (Chingachcook @ Jul 12, 2018 - 02:56 pm)

I would think so!!!

OK... its hard to gauge given I don't live in the GWA (Greater West Arm) area and you know the saying.. If you don't like the weather up North wait an hour.

Will check back in a couple weeks to see what the fire situation is and if you can let me know it'd be appreciated.

OK... its hard to gauge given I don't live in the GWA (Greater West Arm) area and you know the saying.. If you don't like the weather up North wait an hour.

Will check back in a couple weeks to see what the fire situation is and if you can let me know it'd be appreciated.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace