Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bass Fishing on the West Arm
Chingachcook
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 03:05 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12172

Have been fishing this piece of water for smallies and large mouth for 30 years and its unbelievably productive.

Looking back over the bragging rights charts over the years and this years cycle points to one of the best years in a while...

But thats stats.. not reality... We are back up in August for a week or so. Any one out there who fishes for these scrappers in the West Arm have any real time stories or pictures from this year on how the bite is so far this season ?

This post has been edited by Chingachcook on Jul 12, 2018 - 03:52 pm

PMEmail Poster
Chingachcook
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Alevin

And here I thought fishermen spoke only a bit less than our duly elected politicians.

I hope its not because there is nothing to be found for the guys who fish Jennings Point or North or South Muskrat Bay....

Ayy and all bragging and how you did it is appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
Sterling
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 - 02:42 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9678

Never fished the west arm but it's been HOT and water temps are quite high. You'll have better luck with largies I think. Caught a huge smallie yesterday trolling in 37 fow.

PMEmail Poster
Chingachcook
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 - 05:10 pm

Alevin

Yeah the Largies should be on the feed for sure in this temp.... West Arm not all that deep outside of the channel that runs from the French River in... averge depth about 10feet....Lots and lots and lots of shoals to keep you honest....

Thanks for the feedback !

PMEmail Poster
dan668
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 - 08:16 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 5961

Ill be on the west arm for a week two weeks from now. I last visited the area two years ago. Fishing was slow, but it was very hot out. Caught one small musky, and had 2 follows from giants.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 04:11 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (Chingachcook @ Jul 20, 2018 - 06:10 pm)
Yeah the Largies should be on the feed for sure in this temp.... West Arm not all that deep outside of the channel that runs from the French River in... averge depth about 10feet....Lots and lots and lots of shoals to keep you honest....

Thanks for the feedback !

? are you referring to the marked channel that goes through west bay to the main lake? there is plenty of depth way beyond 10 feet in many parts. 25-50 ft all around our place for miles in all directions. perhaps you are referring to west bay?

PMEmail Poster
Chingachcook
Posted: Aug 07, 2018 - 09:13 pm

Alevin

Yes.....West Bay... I have used the terms West Arm and West Bay interchangeably for years but they are different areas of the lake..

I am referring to the piece of water with Jennings point to the north.... and along the shoreline down to Merganser Bay... and then across to Number 2 creek.... the channel runs along the south side of the lake and its deep.. but that expanse of water is quite shallow and has enough shoals in it to make even the locals slow down....

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace