Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What happened to the NFL ?
Chevy
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 - 07:40 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Has the NFL turned into a touch football league? I'm all for eliminating head shots and late hits.
For the 3rd straight game Clay Mathews of the Packers has been penalized for roughing the passer. One was a right call. The other two call were a joke.
Today's hit against the Redskins QB was a classic tackle. I could not believe a flag was thrown.
Am I wrong?

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 09:45 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13620

No youíre not wrong! Theyíve gotta stop changing the rules. Watch how much theyíre gonna have to start paying defensive players to compensate for fines received, and rightly so. Iím all for penalties when theyíre appropriate, but when it starts changing the game itís a bit much. Whatís that old saying? If itís not broken donít fix it!

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 06:47 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

All contact sports are getting suckie.

Battlebots is still fun.

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 08:51 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11172

I Agree. Too many rule changes. Players and Refs I think don't know what they should be doing or calling anymore.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 10:05 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

All contact sports are going soft. Over paid pre-madonnas nothing more...

I stopped watching sports when the last of these guys retired..

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 06:18 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

It's not just football. It's all sports. Everyone used to make fun of soccer players for "diving" but I see it now in the NHL and the NBA like crazy. Lebran James is the king of diving and faking fouls and yet hes considered the best player in the league.
To me its morally wrong and a form of cheating. I say its 2018 and we have replay. Use it and penalize all that divers and fakers heavily to help clean up the sports.
NFL has been getting soft for years. I've noticed more of it as a rugby player then probably most but it is definitely a fact. Players carry around towels now to wipe thier hands just in case they get slippery... seriously? Like these cheat oops I mean super anti slip gloves that you are somehow allowed to wear isn't enough?
QBs get hand warmers to keep their hands warm when that used to be just part of the game that proved toughness. QBs get a digital wristband to help with thier plays because God forbid they have to remember something like the players used to have to do.

Yes technology changes and advances but with that we should be using it (instant replay) to help the sport and sort out the cheats. Players know the rules now and morally dont find anything wrong with bending the rules to benefit them selves.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 08:29 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Can't disagree Fork. Hopefully as the season rolls on the NFL will get it sorted out. It will be a shame if big game or any game for that matter is decided by a foul on a legitimate tackle.
I do enjoy the the fact that instant replay is used. To me it takes some of the " what if " out of the game.

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
cottagebum
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 11:32 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3088

I always thought that NFL stood for No Fun League. Never been a fan. I grew up playing and watching Football, but I've always preferred the CFL...

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 12:16 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15901

We should all just watch and play rugby, the only real game out there. No changing people after a 30 sec run. It is the only true sport to test your ability.

PMEmail Poster
cottagebum
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 07:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3088

I'm not sure what to make of these rules anymore...

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace