Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Ľ Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Ontario Today with Shank, Family fishing with Nautrek prt2.
Longshank
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 01:13 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

QUOTE (ThorahGuy @ May 16, 2019 - 08:50 am)
Thanks for the comments guys.
Most has already been said. I would be totally delinquent if I didnít add my personal thoughts. Yes, conditions were not ideal, but were better than they had been for a lot of the spring. They were also changing and, as has been said, very few fish were being marked. To get us 14 hookups under such conditions is testament to the talent and skill involved. Shank is very, very good at what he does. And letís not forget the contributions made by Steve, his helper on this trip. A high five and a hearty well done guys.
I had asked Adam to name this part two. Part one was last year. Some of you may remember the report on it. The mission that time was to get the boys into some bigger fish, species unimportant. That mission was a complete success, a number of respectable Lakers landed. This year the mission objective was to get the boys some Salmon. The results speak for themselves, a complete success as well. Thank you again Shank and Steve for getting the boys some Spring Silver and helping me, the old guy on the team, land a couple as well.

Gord It was more than a pleasure and congrats on getting back there twice and landing those silvers

Going with you all is an easy day for me believe it or not flies or not ...just because it's fun!

btw...here is what worked that day

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Northpoint
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 05:26 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5831

Congrats on a great day of fishing. Nice catch!

But wow those flies look biblical!

PMEmail Poster
outdoors4life
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 11:22 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16994

Nice job fellas! Thanks for the report

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: May 17, 2019 - 02:17 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4782

Great report and pics ..Thanks for shearing. .

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: May 17, 2019 - 07:02 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8485

Good times had by all, thatís what itís all about, well done fellas

PMEmail Poster
ThorahGuy
Posted: May 18, 2019 - 07:56 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 644

Epilogue . . . It gets even better!

Grandson Adam hits a grad slam! He cooked one of the filets on the BBQ today. He served it with Fiddleheads which we had harvested earlier in the day along with: Roast Potatoes, Asparagus and a nice Riesling. Quite simply it was the best dinner that I've had in a very long time. The Salmon was amazing, very tasty, fall apart tender but still very moist and juicy; the rest was equally good. I'm currently basking in the afterglow.
Thank you again Adam.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: May 19, 2019 - 07:21 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Sounds like a great dinner.. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Compliments to the chef.. Spring salmon is the best

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace