Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> keeping your catch, trout
Lazinator
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

QUOTE (dmorrs35 @ Apr 19, 2018 - 12:37 pm)
Remember your possession limits as well. not sure what the restrictions are on the possession limits for trout or salmon as I never really target them.

For perch on simcoe, you are allotted 50 daily 100 possession. legally, what this means, is on the daily limit you can keep 50, but you can only have a grand total of 100 perch in your freezer. so say you catch your limit 1 day throw them in your freezer. fish the next day, throw them in your freezer. that's your 100 possession limit. so even though your daily limit on day 3 is 50, you cannot keep any more. BUT say you eat 20 perch. you now only have 80 total I your possession, so you can keep 20 more. I think that is where this question lies is in the possession limit. (if there is a possession limit) If I was targeting trout or salmon I definitely would read up on my regs but I don't have the need because I don't target them (except during the salmon run but that is 100% C&R and I check the local regs for that just in case a fish does die on me)

the poster said the limit for salmon is 5. so if there is no possession limit, LEGALLY if you fished 20 days, you can keep 100 salmon, as long as you are only keeping 5 each day. Ethically/sustainability wise? please don't, you are only hurting the populations and ruining your and other's future experience. keep what you need. nothing more nothing less.

The possession limit is the same as the daily catch limit, unless there is an exception.
The 100 perch possession limit is one of these exceptions.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 01:52 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (Lazinator @ Apr 19, 2018 - 12:57 pm)
QUOTE (fishfood @ Apr 19, 2018 - 11:01 am)
You can buy a 1 day licence if your only going to fish 2 or 3 times a year. It's 11 bucks for a day licence you fish twice it's 22 bucks, your probably going to spend more on gas to go fishing. The license are pretty cheap compare to everything else you do . I'm going on a fishing trip on the long weekend it's going to cost me over 250 to 300 dollars in gas alone . 4 tanks a fuel will be used . The 60 bucks a year for a license is peanuts compared to the rest of the thinhs you do in life.

I only buy a sports licence for my extra whittie on simcoe other than that I I don't need it . I always used a Concervation before fishing the Whitties .

who drinks beer ? 2 cases of beer is way more then a years sports licence. It cost me just as much to go to mc donalds with the family then it does for a year licence go figure .

you want to b#### about about 60 bucks a year there is plenty of other think you can b#### about if you don't like the price stay home and save your gas.

These "well, X costs so much so why shouldn't Y cost a lot more" arguments are really moronic.

Hey, you paid $1000 for that airplane ticket, why should the cab ride to the hotel only cost $20 and not $200?

You paid $40k for that truck, why should the oil changes cost only $100 and not $500 ?

You paid $400k for that house, clearly the hydro should cost at least $2000 per month.

I never said anything like that and I definitely didn't say it needed to cost more. Lots of people whining about the cost when in reality it's not that much if a cost.

Would I care if it went up another 30 bucks a year yeah I might whine for a minute ,but if it puts another 20 cos out there what's the big deal. An extra 20 officers out there can fine many more people leading to more money for there system . Money that .can. be put out into hatcheries or where ever eles they need it to go.

ps if your hydro is too much vote for Ford lol.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 03:38 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (dmorrs35 @ Apr 19, 2018 - 12:37 pm)
Remember your possession limits as well. not sure what the restrictions are on the possession limits for trout or salmon as I never really target them.

question lies is in the possession limit. (if there is a possession limit) If I was targeting trout or salmon I definitely would read up on my regs but I don't have the need because I don't target them (except during the salmon run but that is 100% C&R and I check the local regs for that just in case a fish does die on me)

the poster said the limit for salmon is 5. so if there is no possession limit, LEGALLY if you fished 20 days, you can keep 100 salmon, as long as you are only keeping 5 each day. Ethically/sustainability wise? please don't, you are only hurting the populations and ruining your and other's future experience. keep what you need. nothing more nothing less.

Seriously, there are catch/possession limits for those sport species listed under each zone. It's only for non sport fish no limit. Other species have aggregate limits, ie, salmon/trout, so no 5 per day, no limit.

PM
ldub
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 03:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

QUOTE (Lazinator @ Apr 19, 2018 - 11:57 am)
You can buy a 1 day licence if your only going to fish 2 or 3 times a year. It's 11 bucks for a day licence you fish twice it's 22 bucks, your probably going to spend more on gas to go fishing. The license are pretty cheap compare to everything else you do . I'm going on a fishing trip on the long weekend it's going to cost me over 250 to 300 dollars in gas alone . 4 tanks a fuel will be used . The 60 bucks a year for a license is peanuts compared to the rest of the thinhs you do in life.

I only buy a sports licence for my extra whittie on simcoe other than that I I don't need it . I always used a Concervation before fishing the Whitties .

who drinks beer ? 2 cases of beer is way more then a years sports licence. It cost me just as much to go to mc donalds with the family then it does for a year licence go figure .

you want to b#### about about 60 bucks a year there is plenty of other think you can b#### about if you don't like the price stay home and save your gas.

These "well, X costs so much so why shouldn't Y cost a lot more" arguments are really moronic.

Hey, you paid $1000 for that airplane ticket, why should the cab ride to the hotel only cost $20 and not $200?

You paid $40k for that truck, why should the oil changes cost only $100 and not $500 ?

You paid $400k for that house, clearly the hydro should cost at least $2000 per month.

Agree, Lazinator. The logic behind this argument is incomprehensible. Beer cost too much money, so why shouldn't your fishing license? huh

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 04:09 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 10835

Increase license fee = more officers ......yeah right...we all know where that money will go....into a magic box that will disappear mysteriously

PM
Fisherman
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 04:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Originalfive @ Apr 19, 2018 - 04:09 pm)
Increase license fee = more officers ......yeah right...we all know where that money will go....into a magic box that will disappear mysteriously

PM
fishfood
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 04:50 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (ldub @ Apr 19, 2018 - 04:45 pm)
QUOTE (Lazinator @ Apr 19, 2018 - 11:57 am)

Agree, Lazinator. The logic behind this argument is incomprehensible. Beer cost too much money, so why shouldn't your fishing license? huh

It's a good thing I don't drink beer lol.
I was only trying to state how cheap the license actually is.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 04:51 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Originalfive @ Apr 19, 2018 - 05:09 pm)

Or transport a few more carabue around lol.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 10, 2018 - 08:53 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

license fees are less than than decent fishing rod or reel, so don't understand the complaints.

c&r license should be done away with imo

back to original problem of poaching.......has always been going on and always will. it irks me but I don't let it run my day.....

never solve these issues on a forum....

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Pages: «« < 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace