Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Free license for veterans and military members
Fishin fan
Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 03:39 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 6321

I say letís focus on the positive. At least our military is getting some sort of recognition here. And what an appropriate time as well with Remembrance Day this weekend. Thanks to all those that served and serve now.

Dave

PMEmail Poster
fish hawk
Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 04:41 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (steph491 @ Nov 08, 2018 - 09:46 pm)
I served for almost 15 years, 3 tour in Afghanistan. And Iím pretty happy about this news.

Ontario to offer free fishing licences for veterans and current military members.

The government released a statement saying it's amending fishing regulations to exempt veterans and active service members from having to buy a fishing licence.

They say military members would then be able to fish for free across the province by early 2019.

Natural Resources Minister John Yakabuski says the move†is a way of thanking members of the military for their service.

"We enjoy the rights and freedoms we have today because of the sacrifices of those brave women and men throughout history and those actively serving to defend our rights and freedoms," he said.

Thank you for your service!!

Well deserved, and enjoy fishing!

PMEmail Poster
Woodsman
Posted: Nov 09, 2018 - 05:50 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 477

QUOTE (Fishin fan @ Nov 09, 2018 - 03:39 pm)
I say letís focus on the positive. At least our military is getting some sort of recognition here. And what an appropriate time as well with Remembrance Day this weekend. Thanks to all those that served and serve now.

Dave

My point is most Vets will not get this.
Without stating the required proof of service their is no way many veterans will not get this.
Very many Vet's will not have the required documents required.
But we don't know the requirements yet???

PMEmail Poster
kevin
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 07:38 am

Fry

Member No.: 14872

I lost all my documentation (ex wife) but was still able to file the necessary documentation for them to perform a search and I received my veterans CFone card. just a shout out to all active and non-active personnel. Thank you for your service!

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 08:06 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Thank-you for your service. A great gesture by our government to acknowledge our veterans and nice news / announcement for Remembrance Day and the month of Nov.

PMEmail Poster
SD CHEWIE
Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 12:25 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3680

Thank you for your service and great gesture from our politicians for sure. FISH ON!!

PMEmail Poster
toothhealer88
Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 06:14 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 689

Great to hear.The gov. throws money at things that make no sense.Our vets and military should be getting a hell of a lot more for putting their lives on the line.

PMEmail Poster
mairaj86
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 - 11:21 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6451

Good news. Thankyou to our vetrens for their services

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace