Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 07:20 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 877

Here are mine. Pls offer yours.

For public door handles, pumping gas etc
Use disposable (nitrile) gloves if you can find them
If not, use doggy poop bags
No Lysol wipes? Saturate a rag with Lysol or bleach, put it in a baggie and use it for pumping gas etc.

Disclaimer---Will not work for everybody in all situations. Rather than pick holes in this, pls offer alternative suggestions.

PMEmail Poster
HookMeUp
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 09:20 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 17201

I always keep some of the small packets of the alcohol swabs or even the food wipes in the vehicle. Every little bit helps.
Also keep a few in my tackle - have to keep any cuts clean when out on the water.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 11:09 am

World Record Trout

Great if you have them. They cannot be found right now. I clip a hand sanitizer to my knapsack but I'm short right now---hence the wet cloth.

PMEmail Poster
HookMeUp
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 11:47 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 17201

Same here with the sanitizer. Had a work friend get infected after a pike bite. Scary time when you start marking your arm hoping you get to shore and a hospital before the lines reach the upper part of your body.

Funny thing is that if you had stocked up on everything months ago (I put small sanitizers in everyones stocking this Xmas) you’d have been adhering to the pronouncements to stock up in the event of emergency (eg. ice storm, blackout). You’d probably have been considered pretty smart by some or a ‘chicken little’ by others. Now you’d be considered a hoarder with a special place in hell by Albertan standards.

FYI - Remember what rags have Lysol vs bleach! I know smell may be an indicator but with the virus they say our sense of smell may be weakened. I’ve already got too may bleached shirts

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 09:15 pm

World Record Trout

I am diabetic. I need to snack so I clipped a hand san to my sun visor for when I am on the road(not driving.of course) My wife got annoyed with it and 'asked' me to take it down. But now it seems like a great idea to her!!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 06:06 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 15901

I put a box of surgical gloves in my jeep, put a pair on to pump gas, go to bank, or go to grocery store. I got luck on having these, bought them at costco last summer for cleaning fish. Didn't get that many fish after I bought them so have plenty left. Plus wife always has a box of gloves around for whatever.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 09:50 am

World Record Trout

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 10:28 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Knuguy I would bet less than 5% of Canadians are doing these extreme measures.
Even this professional makes an error in the video..
Can you find where he makes the mistake..

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 01:26 pm

World Record Trout

You are prob right but all we can hope to do is to spread the info and hope more will use better practices/

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 01:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

When he grabs the plastic bag out of the cereal box he directly placed that bag with his contaminated hands from handling the box in his sanitized area...It's going to be tuff go for awhile..

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 - 03:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

So , I was lucky enough to have all that stuff and more because I carry it on my charter boat and removed it last fall for storage...sure came inhandy

2 more things….wipe your credit card as well and then your steering wheel and door handles

When at home we recently adopted the policy of separate spoons for coffee , as when you add cream and stir it and only one of us serves meals as to not have 2 people handle the serving utensils.

I never even thought of that before

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll