Ľ Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wading boots, Any suggestions
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 02:30 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 939

Well my wading boots have totally disintegrated after 3 yrs of use. They were the Simms rivertek 2.
So what should I buy? I'm looking at the g3 guides but after dealing with Simms customer service im not that impressed. I also sprung a leak in my waders at the seam after 2 yrs of use. Also a Simms product.
Retailers don't leave us with many options and I don't do the on-line shopping thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
Sabotfish
Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 12:22 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 5290

I've got a pair of cabals wading boots, mind you they're the only pair I've owned but no issues with them. They are heavy though! I would advise to stay away from their line of waders. They tend not to last long but with a one year warranty they can get you through in a pinch. A seam broke on the knee on mine in the first 3 outings though. Heard good things about reddington products

PMEmail Poster
sillylion
Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 01:40 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3988

Im a cheap bastard so i went with a 30$ pair of walmart random hiking boots.
lasted 2 good years of constant use and finally had to get another pair this year.
If you're buying simms you probably have the funds to get a proper pair, but
those who are on a tight budget have been doing this.
My buddy's simms boots only lasted him two years of moderate fair weather
weekend warrior use. He took pretty decent care of it to try to dry it out before
storage after every use too.

PMEmail Poster
stormy
Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 06:56 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12897

Picked up a pair of these a couple of years ago,

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003TWE5QQ...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used a few times a month each spring and fall since, with no issues so far.

PMEmail Poster
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 02, 2019 - 07:09 pm

World Record Trout

The problem with the retailers now is their inventory is low. I went to bass pro/sail to look at their selection and there wasnt much.

I thought about the hiking boots too. My buddy uses them and hes happy. I'm cheap too! If $200-300 only gets me 2yrs use then for sure I'm going hiking boots.

Hip waders are out for me. I like to be in the water. Lazy too! I'm not walking around if I can cross the river up to my chest.lol.

PMEmail Poster
Bushman
Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 11:17 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8899

Iíve ruined a couple waders using regular hiking boots before. Damages and wears the neoprene sock out and not very comfortable. I got myself the Simms headwaters pro when they were on sale and Iíve had them for 2years now and no problems looking mint and I can walk for miles in comfort.

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Nov 03, 2019 - 06:30 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15869

Iíve had a pair of Bare neoprene chest waders for 25 years. Iíve punched holes in them repaired them and they are still going strong. They were 300 bucks back then and I used to get out 20 times per season. I only get out a few times a year now but they still work great.

PMEmail Poster
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 04, 2019 - 08:21 pm

World Record Trout

Well after having a boot emergency on the river (picture) I ran off to sail to get a new pair of boots. I ended up with the Simms g3'. I hope they last more than 3yrs. On a good note I headed back to the river and caught a nice brown trout. Released to fight another day.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 04, 2019 - 08:24 pm

World Record Trout

Brownie

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Nov 05, 2019 - 04:13 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Nice! Looks good enough to eat.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace