Hunting Forum Hunting Regulations    
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Online License Purchases, Frustrating
Buckmaster
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 06:27 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3872

Went online to purchase another Turkey License. Went to print and the Printer ran out of ink. Finally got it up and running but the Summary & Tag timed out.

I tried to retrieve them but could only retrieve the Summary & not the Tag. I called the MNR & they said that I would have to go to the nearest place that issues Licenses?

I said this is foolish and why can't we print another copy form Home? Their replay was that they did not want people printing multiple copies?

My reply was that this was stupid and I could of printed hundreds of copies if my Printer had not messed up in the first place.

Anyways, I had to drive to Canadian Tire, wait until someone finally answered Canadian Tires Phone call & then they printed me a Paper Tag that I could of done from Home?

Is it me or is this stupid? oh yeah, the MNR said that there would be a $9.00 charge for this but the Kid at Canadian Tire did not charge me anything.

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 07:15 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6253

The really dumb part is this is a poachers dream come true . You can print as many tags as you want

PMEmail Poster
mreid
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 07:49 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10604

People need to get there facts right. You can NOT print as many tags as you want. As soon as you print the one you pay for, that's it. Its a ONE print only!!!!
The problem is if the print does not print the bar code then you have to go somewhere that prints tags. Please get your facts right before preaching incorrect info!!

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 08:04 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

I'm afraid its you who has their facts mixed up.
Nothing is stopping somebody from printing multiple copies.
There's also this very recent invention called a photo copier

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 08:34 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (Lazinator @ May 03, 2019 - 08:04 am)

There is something stopping somebody from printing multiple copies its called ethics. A Poacher does not have any and anybody who does is no better than anyone who doesn't even buy a tag.
And this is where one gets into trouble
Yes there is a thing called a photocopier however if you read the regs having a copied tag is illegal.
Yes new systems can be frustrating to navigate for those stuck in the past but all I know this year fees did not go up and the 2.00 fee waved so good on them.
If you do not want a problem do as I did plan ahead go to Basspro and buy 'em there, you'll also earn points for store credit. Its the one thing they do well.

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 09:23 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (finsfurfeathers @ May 03, 2019 - 08:34 am)
QUOTE (Lazinator @ May 03, 2019 - 08:04 am)

There is something stopping somebody from printing multiple copies its called ethics. A Poacher does not have any and anybody who does is no better than anyone who doesn't even buy a tag.
And this is where one gets into trouble
Yes there is a thing called a photocopier however if you read the regs having a copied tag is illegal.
Yes new systems can be frustrating to navigate for those stuck in the past but all I know this year fees did not go up and the 2.00 fee waved so good on them.
If you do not want a problem do as I did plan ahead go to Basspro and buy 'em there, you'll also earn points for store credit. Its the one thing they do well.

That's right, photocopying a tag is illegal, just like printing multiple copies is illegal.
Honest hunters wont do it, but it does not stop poachers from doing it.

So while honest hunters have to go to a license issuer and pay a fee to have their tag reprinted if they lose it, a poacher can just print a bunch of copies of his tag in the comfort of his own home.

I wonder who the genius is that came up with this system.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 09:36 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Lazinator @ May 03, 2019 - 09:23 am)

So while honest hunters have to go to a license issuer and pay a fee to have their tag reprinted if they lose it, a poacher can just print a bunch of copies of his tag in the comfort of his own home.

I wonder who the genius is that came up with this system.

Always had to pay a fee to have your documents reissued if you lost them.
That's nothing new.
Its a fact anything done to stop a criminal only helps to create a better criminal. Darwin got it right.
Only way to slow 'em down is to put the fear of god in them
Caught with multiple tags or photocopies crucify them with zero tolerance given.
Thing is are you sure MNR hasn't taken this into account.
Doesn't one think that little black square on your tag contain information as to when where and how many tags have been printed?
I'm no programmer but for those who have figured out how to print multiple copies don't you wonder what info is contained in that bar code?
All we now need is a CO blitz to scan some tags.

PMEmail Poster
mreid
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 09:49 am

Alevin

This post has been edited by mreid on May 03, 2019 - 10:11 am

PMEmail Poster
mreid
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 09:52 am

Alevin

No one had mentioned a photocopier. The statement was you can PRINT multiple copies. Try reading the entire comment.

PMEmail Poster
mreid
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 09:56 am

Alevin

If someone prints off a tag and then photocopies it for the purposes of cheating the system, then your just an unethical hunter. Hopefully you don't have kids that you are teaching this to and hopefully the MNR has checks and balances in place to catch people that do this.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 10:00 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (mreid @ May 03, 2019 - 09:49 am)
YOU CANOT PRINT MULITPLE TAGS IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ! I HAVE MY FACTS RIGHT ITS YOU THATS SPREADING WRONG INFO!
Why don't you go and prove me wrong then. Go and try to print the same tag twice or more times. YOU CANT!

You are right you can't reprint the tag if you tried to print it directly however some have figured out a way to do it I'll pm you on how its done

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 10:10 am

Trophy Trout

YOU CANOT PRINT MULITPLE TAGS IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ! I HAVE MY FACTS RIGHT ITS YOU THATS SPREADING WRONG INFO!
Why don't you go and prove me wrong then. Go and try to print the same tag twice or more times. YOU CANT!

Yes, you can.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 10:12 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (mreid @ May 03, 2019 - 09:56 am)
If someone prints off a tag and then photocopies it for the purposes of cheating the system, then your just an unethical hunter. Hopefully you don't have kids that you are teaching this to and hopefully the MNR has checks and balances in place to catch people that do this.

Tried to Pm you but you are not enable yet.
So if one wants to print multiple copies instead of printing directly one would chose the option save to PDF on the computer to print later. Which allows someone to print it off later once you are sure your printer is functioning correctly.
Thing is once in pdf form it can be printed repeatedly.
This is why I suspect they have put a bar code on the tag.
I'm sure some "smart" poacher has figured this out and some people may use this loop hole as an excuse to legitimize their illegal activities however I'm sure soon we will here of those nailed with counterfeits which will "fix" the problem

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 11:12 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6253

QUOTE (finsfurfeathers @ May 03, 2019 - 10:00 am)

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Buckmaster
Posted: May 03, 2019 - 03:41 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3872

My beef was that my Printer messed up and the Documnets timed out. I could not print them afterwards.

Yes, multiple Documents can be printed, if the original PDF is saved or when you print the original, you can print as many a## you like.

I drove to Georgetown, waited a half hour to get another "Paper" Print Out of the Tag portion.

To me, this is stupid.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace