Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sept. 4 Collingwood
mydogbites
Posted: Sep 05, 2018 - 05:27 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 414

With several September commitments this would be our last time out to Collingwood. The weather and winds report looked great so off we went. On the water and lines down by 6 am. We travelled our normal route having several chasers, lots of big clouds on the bottom and through out the water column. Changed up from plugs to spoons same story. Tried different colours, sizes speeds and depths. The one thing I never changed was direction and when we did fish on. We ended the day at 11am going 2 for 2 First fish a 5 lb rainbow and the second was a 10 lb salmon. Coming back to the launch we were met by two police boats. I was sure that we were going to be checked but they had no interest with us. Apparently, some one has gone missing during a dive off the rocks. All in all this year has again taught me lots about down riggers and I look forward already to getting out next year. I need to make some adjustments with the rod holders before trying the dipsy divers.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Sep 05, 2018 - 05:41 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 414

10 lb Salmon

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Sep 05, 2018 - 07:43 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Thanks for the report Robert and nice catch..

Great to see you had nice outing.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace