Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Poachers fishing with more than one rod
spooner
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 07:13 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 778

Was out on Sturgeon yesterday and observed a very disturbing pair of boats. They were anchored with multiple rods out, 2 guys per boat i counted 2 rods per person, one guy seemed to be using 3 rods. What gives? I approached them and they said it was legal. They were hammering panfish, bass and keeping them. called MNR anyway, no one showed.

PMEmail Poster
salmonslayer
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 07:34 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7193

this is why fish stocks are depleting good on you for calling mnr but should have taken pic and sent it to the mnr and posted it. the ministry are always slow to the party no co's around because of funding

PMEmail Poster
BillM
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 09:55 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 17067

Definitely wanna shame idiots like this on social media. Even better get the hull numbers while you're at it.

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 02:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Unfortunately this happens more than people realize. Over fishing, using more than one pole, keeping fish out of season or the wrong size fish. What exactly did the MNR say to you on the phone? Did they say there was a CO in the area? Did they ask for details of the incident? I have been on the phone with the MNR many times and it's usually a long call. How were they with you yesterday? Some call takers are better then others. Were you satisfied with the conversation you had with them.

PMEmail Poster
Motojoe
Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 09:54 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9129

It always happen in the lake I fish! Especially during Crappie season. Multiple rods and hanging Lights out the boat to attach fish. I did approach to them and tell them itís illegal, some of them will argue! If this happen I will take their photo telling them I will send to MNR and I really did. The CO will ask me lots of questions about the lake, the are also the time. They also will call me back after the got those people!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!