Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> An evening troll, Beautiful night off Collingwood
steelheader
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 10:09 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

Took the mighty minnow out for a trial run with my new (to me ) 9.9 Yami , motor ran flawlessly , reason to change from my Honda , bum shoulder and the Yami is electric start.. ran from 25 - 45 fow , lots of bait ,first hit was on the lyman , fought like a dog , turned out to be a very dark male salmon , put back to do his thing upriver , changed the lyman to my fav , 30 fow , bang , fast fight with a couple jumps , turned out a bow about 8 lbs .. she came home for supper ..

All in all a picture perfect evening and the fish were a bonus .. ..

Time to part with my Honda , she's caught more salmon than most ever see .. watch for post ..

Dave

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 02:30 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16371

Nice going, Dave!

They are hitting on the Lymans still pretty decent, but a little fishy or 20 has told me 3 1/2 to 4 inch slender stick baits, j9s and such are working really really good right now if you can bare letting the salmon chew them up.

I just got my electric start motor back from the shop, I have been running a borrowed pull-start all summer and I can't wait to go back to pushing a button to start. Sooooo much nicer on the arm!

Jamie

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 02:59 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Hey Jamie; If you happen to see a J13 bright orange floating around in the bay it's mine ...Don't ask ..

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 03:31 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16371

I bet its the same guy that took my orange j11 and hes just hoarding them all for himself!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace