Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Caught a lure, could have been bigger
colanut
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 - 12:35 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

I was fishing on Sunday on Balsam and the weather was not cooperating. However I did have a new rain suit and I was practicing with a new bait caster (no birds nests this time, yay!). I was in about 15 FOW and I thought I caught some weeds, but a quick pull and out she comes. At first, it was just a bunch of old line, so I thought I would pull it all out and throw it away properly. At the end of the line was a lure, with only half a hook (broke off at the bend), and completely covered in zebra mussels and gunk. Anyway, I cleaned it off some and decided it was worth salvaging. I brought it home, gave it a good scrubbing, and then added some new weedless hooks. Now its good to go on my next trip out. I think it was in the water for quite a while, based on the condition, but the paint was only slightly bubbled. Anyone know how long these things last in the water? I lost a brand new lure on the second cast, so I guess I'm kind of even.

PMEmail Poster
nocod
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 - 05:10 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 401

They last year's imo,good find sir

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace