Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> An evening troll, Beautiful night off Collingwood
steelheader
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 10:09 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

Took the mighty minnow out for a trial run with my new (to me ) 9.9 Yami , motor ran flawlessly , reason to change from my Honda , bum shoulder and the Yami is electric start.. ran from 25 - 45 fow , lots of bait ,first hit was on the lyman , fought like a dog , turned out to be a very dark male salmon , put back to do his thing upriver , changed the lyman to my fav , 30 fow , bang , fast fight with a couple jumps , turned out a bow about 8 lbs .. she came home for supper ..

All in all a picture perfect evening and the fish were a bonus .. ..

Time to part with my Honda , she's caught more salmon than most ever see .. watch for post ..

Dave

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 02:30 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 16371

Nice going, Dave!

They are hitting on the Lymans still pretty decent, but a little fishy or 20 has told me 3 1/2 to 4 inch slender stick baits, j9s and such are working really really good right now if you can bare letting the salmon chew them up.

I just got my electric start motor back from the shop, I have been running a borrowed pull-start all summer and I can't wait to go back to pushing a button to start. Sooooo much nicer on the arm!

Jamie

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 02:59 pm

World Record Trout

Hey Jamie; If you happen to see a J13 bright orange floating around in the bay it's mine ...Don't ask ..

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 03:31 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 16371

I bet its the same guy that took my orange j11 and hes just hoarding them all for himself!

PMEmail Poster
Rybka2019
Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 09:54 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17505

Is your Yamaha a tiller? How are you liking it after 1/2 a season?I got a Yamaha 9.9 kicker with full remote and have been hating it. Tough to start and the throttle doesnít let me troll below 3km/h. Throttle is driving me nuts - itís jumpy and has no low end.

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Mar 22, 2020 - 08:28 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Rybka2019 @ Mar 21, 2020 - 09:54 pm)
Is your Yamaha a tiller? How are you liking it after 1/2 a season?I got a Yamaha 9.9 kicker with full remote and have been hating it. Tough to start and the throttle doesnít let me troll below 3km/h. Throttle is driving me nuts - itís jumpy and has no low end.

My tiller yami is not a new model , starts right off , love the feature of locking in throttle , trolls down to 1.5 and still has lots of git up and go ,.. you might get yours checked out by a good outboard motor guy .... Good luck

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!