Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Map of the Kawartha Lakes Region, What lakes are in the Kawartha Lakes?
bluenote
Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 08:02 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 3844

Last year when joined - I posted my ice fishing trip(s) into Devils/Wolf Lake as well as activities in Lake Kashagawigamog - all under the northern lake board.

This year I saw others posting Gull lake and other lakes feeding into the the Trent/Severn - under Kawartha Lakes. In hind sight kind of makes sense? But Haliburton is a different area? Still inclined to think northern lakes?

What is the suggested guideline for LSOD? Is it by drainage system?

Tomorrow looking at fishing lakers in Sheldon Lake - if get story (and photos) would like to post in correct area . . .

suggestions?

PMEmail Poster
admin
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 08:08 am

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Bluenote,

When I created this Kawartha Lakes forum, my intent for the Kawartha Lakes Region was to include all the chain of lakes in the trent river system, namely the main ones, Chemong, Pigeon, Buckhorn, Rice and of course Scugog, plus the others in the lock system. I noticed some posts of not so common northern Kawartha Highlands lakes and such and left them alone, as Bayliner said, they are close to the main chain of lakes and I'm not strict here so left them, I did move some Gull Lake posts etc to northern forum as they seemed more in place there. Here is a map showing what are considered the true Kawartha Lakes. I will pin this at the top of the forum in a few days.

Kawartha Lakes, central Ontario, Canada.

Legend:
A - Canal Lake
B - Mitchell Lake
C - Balsam Lake
D - Four Mile Lake*
E - Cameron Lake
F - Sturgeon Lake
G - Pigeon Lake
H - Buckhorn Lake
J - Chemong Lake
K - Lower Buckhorn Lake
L - Stony Lake
M - Clear Lake
N - Katchewanooka Lake
P - Jack Lake*
Q - Kasshabog Lake*
R - Rice Lake
S - Lake Scugog
1 - Town of Lindsay
2 - City of Peterborough
All lakes are on the en:Trent-Severn Waterway, except those marked with *.

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
walleye37
Posted: Mar 23, 2014 - 02:24 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6230

Just a note, Admin. Between K, and L is a small lake separate from Buckhorn, and Stony. Distinguished by separation between two locks on the Trent-Severn. It is Lovesick Lake, a small jewel in the Kawartha's.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace