Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fall Crappie
Live_To_Fish
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 07:59 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3513

Was out for about an hour or so killing some time and figured I would cruise the shallows to see if any Crappies have started to move in, and maybe they have. Got quite a few small ones and this bigger one towards the end.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 10:09 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Nice! I caught a few small ones as well on Sturgeon yesterday, along with a few slab bluegill!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 03:40 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

They're fun to catch. I've never really targeted them. I catch them while fishing walleye mostly

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 07:22 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Beautiful colour. I love the way crappies fight...they are fun

PMEmail Poster
mkoss
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 06:20 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8569

Going head out on sturgeon Thursday after work and I can never seem to find any fall crappie. Just wondering if you got any pointer or suggest depth and what to look for . Thanks in advance matt

PMEmail Poster
Live_To_Fish
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 09:49 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3513

No I got no problem giving you some pointers. Really I just went online one day and stumbled across this artcicle

https://scout.com/outdoors/fishing/Article/...grees-105099554

Basically it's breaks down Crappie movement throughout the year based on water temperature which they break down in five degree increments. So I just pulled up the article on my phone when I was out that day and found a back channel that seemed perfect considering the situation and I ended up getting a few. I didn't have my trolling motor with me that day, so couldn't go as far back as I wanted to as the water would have been warmer towards the back which would have undoubtedly have held more fish but it was impossible to maneuver with just the big motor. Hopefully I'll get out this week and will have the trolling motor with me to further investigate the channel.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 12:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Good article, thanks for the read.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace