Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dock flipping largies..., Pendulum swing for the win!
Attila
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 10:34 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11988

After being sick all weekend and not hitting the water as I had hoped, I stayed home and practiced my pendulum swing pitching technique in hopes of putting the beat down on some dock bass.

When practicing at home, I took an old margarine tub and filled it halfway with water. This really helped me not only with my accuracy but to ensure my bait wasn't creating a big splash when hitting the water, something that I found to be critical to my fishing yesterday as the water that I was fishing was pretty clear even though it was quite weedy.

My bait of choice was a Berkley 4" Chigger Craw in black/blue fleck, and I used the same setup that I mentioned in my previous post about Texas rigging.

I caught quite a few fish and finally got into a couple of really nice ones while pitching very tight and confined areas between boats and boat docks; the big fish below came out of a space no more than 10" wide and really gave a great account of itself. There's nothing like feeling that "doink" on your bait and seeing your line move back under cover...lol

I also caught fish on docks with no boat present and all the fish came on the shady side of the dock. The second fish shown below represented the average sized fish that I was catching on those types of docks.

Cheers, and have an awesome day!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 10:35 am

Lunker Trout

Average dock fish...

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 07:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Thanks for the report (which are great to read) and nice fish

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 - 09:13 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14252

Yes sir love getting nice and tight to the docks and swinging in bait, so very subtle but effective for sure!! Thanks for the tips n tricks story and pics 🤙Fish on

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 - 04:06 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14137

Great report Attila.

Glad I was able to help you out. One more thing I can add to that is as the lure is about to hit the water, if you ever so slightly lift it up right before it hits the water, it will enter silently.

Your reports are amazing and very detailed. It's great to see your hard work become reality.

I'll PM you my secret flipping lure. I want you to give it a go and let me know how it is.

Before I became obsessed with Muskies, I always fished for bass and flipping was one of my favorite techniques for landing them

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 - 06:23 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (MikeyLovesMuskies @ Sep 23, 2018 - 05:06 pm)
Great report Attila.

Glad I was able to help you out. One more thing I can add to that is as the lure is about to hit the water, if you ever so slightly lift it up right before it hits the water, it will enter silently.

Your reports are amazing and very detailed. It's great to see your hard work become reality.

I'll PM you my secret flipping lure. I want you to give it a go and let me know how it is.

Before I became obsessed with Muskies, I always fished for bass and flipping was one of my favorite techniques for landing them

Thanks FishingChef and Lookinforeyes, definitely a fun time!

MikeyLovesMuskies, thanks for the very encouraging post, it's greatly appreciated as is the wisdom that you're sharing with me. Looking forward to hearing about your secret flipping lure, will definitely let you know how I make out with it!

My desire is to be able to learn as many techniques as possible so that when I buy a boat I'll be able to have an arsenal that will allow me to fish any body of water that I go to. Between frogging last year and pitching/flipping this year, I think I'm now confident enough to fish both slop and docks on a consistent basis while knowing what makes a dock attractive versus one that won't hold any fish at all...

I'm a learning junkie...lol

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 11:58 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14137

I admire your determination. It's great to see such passion.

I sent the PM to you

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace