Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Scugog, Algae or dirty?
Goshawk
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 01:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11890

I was just on Scugog for a few hours this morning. The last time I was there a few months ago, the underwater visibility was about 3-4 feet. This morning, the visibility is about 6-8 inches. Did I miss a report that there was a big algae bloom on Scugog, or has the bowl just gotten very churned up and cloudy now? I hope it's the latter because it will take a couple of months for an algae bloom to dissipate and the water to return to normal. In the spring, I could almost see the bottom of weed plants in 6 feet. I like this lake, but I won't be going back as long as it's like this.

PMEmail Poster
HooknLip
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 03:34 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7776

Itís been like that for at least 6 weeks now, a lot of the giant cabbage beds disappeared and then the water went very dirty. You can still catch some but it definitely put a damper on it , especially the smallies

PMEmail Poster
salmonslayer
Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 07:23 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7193

noticed rice lake has been murky as well for a bit still catch the odd walleye just need baits that give off vibration to attract them

PMEmail Poster
tjames
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 11:18 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12662

Sturgeon has also been very dirty. Lots of rain recently and itís also been very windy.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace