Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Kayak Bass Mission Report, Kawartha's
evanxrs
Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 07:24 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2190

Had a busy weekend and needed a break so decided to take Monday off and head out fishing. The weather reports were all over the place. Accuweather calling for Thunderstorms, The weather Network calling for lots of rain and some Thunder storms. Looking at the North American Radar and Future Projections along with Windfinder.com I said I think I am good where I am heading (North Kawartha's) and I was. Showed up around 8 am, drove through rain the whole way to get there but no rain when I arrived. Was on the water shortly after and it was nice and calm and about 6*c. Did not get any rain all day and enjoyed some nice sunlight.

The morning bite was tough with only a few small bass (6 to 8 in) wanted to eat. Sun came out with mix of clouds around 1030 and some fish turned on. They were no in thier normal spots so it took a bit of exploring and the right bite to get them to hit.

Water temp was only 56*f, which was much colder than I thought it would be. The fish were definitely in fall mode and almost done feeding on this lake.

Here are a few fish and some photos of the crazy clouds to the south.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 09:53 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14252

Sweet 😜 Few nice Bass buddy way to stick to your plan and not bail out due to forecast!! Thanks for sharing👍

PMEmail Poster
randaller
Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 12:57 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2009

Great day on the water!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace