Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cold day walleye biting!, Fish were biting, so was the wind
Ryan46201
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 02:30 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15878

Landed two nice walleye, one just under max size, some little perch, and a fat smallie that fought harder than both walleye combined of the same length, it went back more than healthy after a quick measure on my walleye slot guage, not that I needed to be quick at these temps! I had to back the drag way off as it kept diving under the boat! With the cold water and air the fish I kept were still moving around when I was ready to fillet them at home. I was worried at first as my larger fish had almost completely swallowed the jig and it looked oversized, was only 1.5-2 cm under max! But the jig came out and wasn't quite swallowed and was also a keeper. Biting aggressive in the cold front? Finally got too cold and the wind blew me off my spot so called it quits as two nice fish is still a great day! The abundance of small to medium perch tells me there is lots of food for the fish I didn't catch, and any more the same size as my biggest one will soon be oversize and not a legal catch, hopefully large breeding females!

This post has been edited by Ryan46201 on Oct 05, 2018 - 03:22 pm

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Ryan46201
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 02:54 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15878

Think I figured out the difficult half assed way of sharing pics on this site!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace