Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay, Salmon fishing-What Lures do You Use??
sdcaller
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 12:40 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

I fish both Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay in the Summer/Fall for salmon and I find I run certain lures in 1 place and not the other.

These are just habits and not necessarily based on any "scientific study".

For example on Lake Ontario I frequently use a flasher and lure, or flasher and fly or flasher and "meat". I hardly ever use any of those combinations on GB?

On GB, I frequently run Lymans, but I seldom use them on Lake "O"??

I will run spoons on their own on either Lake.

I seldom run a "body bait"--i.e. Rapala on either Lake.

Just curiosity on my part as to what others do.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 - 01:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

In owen sound run along with the lures you mention Bombers or cotton cordels perch seems a good colour along with a white tiger pattern just need to upgrade the hooks to something stronger.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Aug 10, 2019 - 08:18 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

hey Ralph tough one to answer

down my way in the early season, April and May, it's body baits, like reef runners, jointed raps and Lymans until water temps hit a certain point......then a switch to spoons and some meat rigs

mid to late summer it's mag spoons and fllasher/fly combos and meat. some days the meat is on fire and other days it's spoons

pretty much the same for staging salmon in late August and September and it's all about choosing the right colors and speeds...at this time some body baits still take fish ie coho during the ..this continues right into October and November as well even though most don't hit the lake anymore.

the matures are gone but there are lots of great 2 and 3 year olds and chrome for the taking

fall fishing can be great as you do not have to contend with flies, fleas and no longer need wire dipseys etc.

that is my take, I am sure others do different things,,,whatever works

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace