Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Catfish
FishingBeanCounter
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 - 01:02 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6402

Hi folks,

I may or may not have posted this a few years ago but every year, I think about it. I'm wondering if anyone has any information on any catfish being caught in either Pigeon or Buckhorn lakes. I've asked those at AnglersAtlas and been to their web site, that lists species per lake. The answer was that nobody has confirmed their existence in these lakes at this time.

We caught one a few years back close to Elim Lodge but thought at the time that it was a fluke.

Wally

PMEmail Poster
rivermaster
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 - 02:46 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4686

I caught a big bullhead in Pigeon a few years ago, just shorefishing off a dock. I just checked fishONline and it lists brown bullhead catfish in both Buckhorn and Pigeon, awesome site if you haven't checked it out.

PMEmail Poster
KRASHED
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 - 09:38 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16820

Probably 10 years ago I saw my cousin pull in a very small catfish on the south end of Pigeon. Haven’t seen one since

PMEmail Poster
FishingBeanCounter
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 - 08:09 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6402

Thanks for the replies 'rivermaster' and 'KRASHED'.

I have a couple guys in a particular derby run each year that always bring back catfish (multi-species derby), so there must be a honey hole somewhere. Just gotta find it.

So, that is catfish in both Pigeon and Buckhorn, near Elim Lodge and the South end of Pigeon. I got my work cut out for me.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 - 10:12 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14818

The south of pigeon is loaded with catfish. I was fishing from shore with my son and he caught about eight in a few hours. Not very big but they live in the weeds. He was mad cause that's all he caught and everyone else was catching bass and perch.

PMEmail Poster
Bredan2003
Posted: Sep 04, 2019 - 07:35 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16401

Our boys have caught about a dozen catfish (small guys) and one bigger one (over a pound) this summer. The boys catch them off the dock with a tiny piece of worm/white jig. Upper Buckhorn lake (O’Rielly Bay)

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Sep 04, 2019 - 06:03 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8485

Im not sure what species your asking about. There are definitely brown bullhead in the Kawartha’s, bobber and worm after dark will catch them. As for channel catfish, ive yet to see one

PMEmail Poster
dereks2
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 - 11:13 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 6783

Had a buddy catch a small muscat on the river near Emily park a few years ago, aside from that I’ve seen one in late spring just swimming around in a shallow area with lots of panfish around, that was on the west side of the lake south of the narrows.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace