Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fishing trips, Algonquin park
Fishnhunt
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:26 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15869

We are heading out on Thurs. for a 5 day speck trip into Algonquin park . Two adults and four kids aged 13-19 should make a fun trip since they are getting big enough to carry their own gear and maybe even a canoe.Has anyone else got trips planned or favorite places to go?

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:52 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Great place to fish. Always had great time fishing with the kids there. Water is very cold make sure your all wearing your life jackets and be safe. If the fishing is not good you will always have great memories of the trip. Good luck and hope you catch some nice ones.

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 11:38 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15869

Thanks,Iím counting down the hours.

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:06 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9526

Heading to Quetico this summer (July) with the family. Counting the days as well.

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 10:41 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

Just did our annual fishing trip last thurs-Sunday in the park. (used to be called a canoe trip till we started being quite successful in the fishing department)

Been going to the same lake for the last 15 ish years. If it's slow on our campsite lake, there's at least 4 other lakes very nearby, in which we can always figure out something to get our numbers up.

We eat maybe a couple lakers for lunch, maybe a couple for a "2nd dinner" one evening, and this year we kept 5 for a big dinner on our last evening. (These are basically all 14-17" lake trout). Then on the way out on our last day, we'll keep a few of we can get em, to bring home....the rest we catch, and release right away, simply for bragging rights, and for a little friendly competition.

Saturday was one of my better days in Algonquin(although not the best)...I sat in the canoe all day in my rain gear, while most of my companions slept in their tents. Turns out, to get 24 lakers in a day, you need to be out of your sleeping bag!!

Sorry for the long-winded post, it's kind of my favourite fishing/place of the year. So after our four day trip, I got 44 lakers myself...and I wasn't the champ this year!! I'll let you do the math on how many fish a group of 6 might catch on a trip like that....it sounds way too bull$hi+ to actually tell people... I'm sure it sounds like lies.

And I have 'no idea' where we go. I can say that I was sticking pins in my giant wall map of the park, marking every lake I've paddled/fished/camped on. I had a pack of 100 tacks and ran out.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 12:17 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6034

I just bought a sweet solo canoe and have decided that it needs to get wet ASAP. I think I'll head in to the park this weekend to feed the black flies and harass some brookies.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 06:39 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Sounds great Chuck Enwinde just make sure that you don't get to eaten from the black flys. They will be waiting for you.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace