Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 7/15/2018 Report
metalbuckle
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 09:27 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Lol great read Grumpa

I kept them once many many years ago when I just started fishing...

Was a blast to catch and fun, but lots of bones and the meat was not to my taste.

Never kept them again....

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Jul 21, 2018 - 07:16 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

QUOTE (Grumpa @ Jul 17, 2018 - 12:41 pm)
You can have all my sheepshead koke...come get them anytime you want.

The disappointment upon seeing that silvery 'tuna' at the end of one of our lines is nothing short of gut wrenching.
The biggest ones you know immediately...the slightly smaller ones give you a few fleeting seconds of optimism and encouragement...maybe, just maybe, there's a potential trophy walleye on the other end...only to crush that momentary euphoria and forever dash any of those hopes and dreams....like the rejection from a hot girl at the school dance.
I've tried to shake them off in the water any number of ways rather then bring their grunting, misshapen carcasses in the boat.
Their rubbery lips just cling to your hook like a street vendor to a five dollar bill.
They suck up worms like an aquatic vacuum. Their beady bulging eyes look at you like pathetic veal calves about to be slaughtered.
You know they're laughing at you...you can almost hear it....as you hurl them back in the water in abhorrent disgust.
When they're anywhere in the vincinity of your baited presentation...they're as hard to get rid of as a Jehovah's Witness at your front door.
They're a genetic aberration of nature, who's only function appears to be to deflate and demoralize hopefully fishermen....and give them yet another reason to quit the sport...pitch their prized rod into a watery grave....and return home only to weep into their pillows like six year old school girls.

They're the demons spawn!

Yup....you're welcome to all my fresh water drum...koke...no questions asked.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Well written, Grumpa. I guess I have a soft spot for crazy looking fish. Those gummy lips make me smile. I mostly like how strong they are. I only catch a few every year up my way but they are always 5-10lbs. I've seen stuffed sheepys that are over 25lbs. Boy would that be a fight!

I wish I caught them more often so if you have a hot spot maybe I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the chuckle!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace