Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> When to stop fishing soft water?, Boat launch closings?
colanut
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 - 09:38 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

In the past, I have stopped fishing from my boat at the end of September, due to storage issues with my boat. Now that I can store it in my garage, I want to fish a couple weeks into October. It may not seem like much, but the big ones should be feeding big time. I also am not a fan of the cold, unless I'm ice fishing. What is the norm for boat launch closing? I always thought it was Thanksgiving. I only fish a few lakes (Balsam, Scugog and Simcoe), and I know Balsam closes just after Thanksgiving.

PMEmail Poster
Mjewell
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 05:47 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 10777

The public launches never close you can get onto balsam an simcoe right up to the season closing as long as your vehicle has the power to pull you up the ramp. Watch later in the season for ice forming on the ramp when people have pulled out before you as that can be an issue in places.

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 08:20 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14252

Just my 2 cents but don't Balsam and simcoe both hold Pike and Panfish? both are open year round well except Pike closed for April and Scugog also good pan fish ie perch and crappie that are open year round so my rule of thumb is bring a spare battery and cables and boat until ice on ramp Fall and Early Winter produce beasts!! Last year I was on Picton Bay in December catching Walleye it was cold but so much fun I also caught personal best 17 lb Pike😜But true also depends on ramp and vehicle that's why I choose the Bay it's concrete slip steep and deep no issues until ice in Bay even then the die hards still hang on and use rig as an ice breaker lol FISHON

PMEmail Poster
JordanR
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 08:06 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14322

Pretty sure on balsam rose dale and coboconk launches open year round. Iím leaving my boat at the dock until dec 15.

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 - 11:19 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

If you want to travel a bit Sturgeon has a launch open year round and the fishing is just about to get good with the cold weather approaching.

It's at Verulam Park and Hank Jr can vouch for its quality.

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 - 03:19 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15901

I fish until it is too cold to fish, just wear my winter gear. Last time out last year was late November, was -6C when I got back to the ramp. So I would think go until it to cold for you. But like said above watch the ice on the ramps.

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: Oct 12, 2018 - 11:47 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9154

I always bring a bag of salt when things start to freeze up itís saved me a few times .

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace