Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Have you purchase from Tacklewarehouse., Review?
juicemanfta
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 09:38 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8279

I think I am spending most of my $s at Cabela.ca but they donít seem to have Spybait. Since some guys mentioned it here I wanted to get some as well as some lizard.

Tackle Warehouse has the ones I want to try but I have never used them. Has anyone used them? What is your experience? Shipping cost? Duties? Etc.Ö

Thanks for your info...

PMEmail Poster
mmorris
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 10:15 am

Fry

Member No.: 9643

never purchased from tacklewarehouse but i use it alot for finding new baits and reading reviews. I would assume your going to pay a bit of a premium with the USD and duty. If you can find a Canadian supplier I would go there, although spybaits aren't too popular here and can be hard to find.

I did find a cool screw-lock prop on tackle warehouse by Zappu, you can turn your old swimbaits or senkos into spy baits. Haven't bought any but thought they were a pretty cool piece of terminal tackle.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Zappu_Pera_...ustomer_reviews

PMEmail Poster
juicemanfta
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 10:49 am

Smolt Trout

Yep they have a lot of kool new tackle and you can get good ideas...

PMEmail Poster
Dangerfield
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 01:04 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16156

QUOTE (juicemanfta @ Jul 18, 2018 - 09:38 am)
I think I am spending most of my $s at Cabela.ca but they donít seem to have Spybait. Since some guys mentioned it here I wanted to get some as well as some lizard.

True North on Yonge Street and 89 in Innisfil has the Duo Realis Spybaits. Not every size or colour option but they have em. They also have the 110 and 120sp jerk baits which are expensive but work.

I'm pretty sure they're the originator. Apparently they take some skill to use with a lot of trial and error. Ask the guy that owns True North, he only buys what he uses.

PMEmail Poster
juicemanfta
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 02:03 pm

Smolt Trout

I have a 110 Megabass will this work the same as the spybait?

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 04:29 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11714

As someone who has and who does still order from tackle warehouse here's the deal,

They do have the best selection and best prices typically on everything by a few %

If you don't buy things on sale at tw it will take a very large order to compensate for the shipping costs.

Shipping is by weight and it's not cheap The most I've ever ordered from TW I believe was just under 10 pounds of tackle. I believe shipping ranged based on conversion rate between $30 cad -$40 cad if you're are picking up 1 or 2 items unless you have a boatload of extra cash it's best to wait until you can make an order worth a few hundred $$$ to minimize the shipping cost.

I make 2 orders a year once on black friday when they do 20% most items and 30% of about 12 brands last year was sk, booyah,bomber,yum,missile, mustad and a few other.

The second is the 25 days of xmas event where each day you get random days like 40% off 6th sense cranks, 30% off seaguar 40% off trokar basically clearing house on last years inventory. The hard part is waiting until all days are up or someone has the last few days leaked as you can't really afford to be hit repeatedly with $30 shipping charges.

In Summation tackle warehouse is a good place to buy tackle but you have to maximize your purchase to minimize the shipping costs,it's certainly not a place to go to buy a few items, it's a place to go to stock up on the bulk of your year's stock assuming you know you're going to go through some serious $$$ in lures this way may as well spend a good chunk of your budget at 20% off in my opinion,

PMEmail Poster
Dangerfield
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 04:42 pm

Alevin

QUOTE (juicemanfta @ Jul 18, 2018 - 02:03 pm)
I have a 110 Megabass will this work the same as the spybait?

Unfortunately no, the 110 is a jerkbait. Spybaiting is meant for light tackle and gear, it looks like a jerkbait but with a prop at the front and end. It's truly a finesse technique.

PMEmail Poster
Dangerfield
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 04:44 pm

Alevin

I'll add to mephisto's post, there's certain times of year where they sell their gift cards at 10% off and there's certain times where you'll get 10% off if you use a gift card.

PMEmail Poster
pandakiller
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 09:12 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13176

that sounds very complicated : 20% here 30 there, in most cases tw is cheaper than everywhere else, you pay duty and mark up plus exchange at all canadian retailers!(unless its made in canada) at tw your skipping the middle man and ive never to my knowledge paid anywhere close to 30$ shipping if you buy the right amount of stuff shipping is 5$us plus every now and again you get hit with import duties of about max 10$cdn i think the trick is to keep shipments smaller with no big ticket items (reels, rods etc)i usually get a bunch of jigs and plastics you can't find here then throw in a couple hard baits i guess its not worth putting duty on it, they usually look to stick it to you on expensive stuff if you don't mind driving id check out epps fishing just north of orillia they have lots of hard to find stuff and they're really nice folks to boot but to answer the question tackle warehouse is decent priced and fast shipping never had a problem with them

PMEmail Poster
juicemanfta
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 04:50 am

Smolt Trout

Good information here guys. Thanks

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 05:09 am

Smolt Trout

Have you read the fine print about international use on gift cards? I never inquired about it but it was vaguely suggesting if I bought lets say $500 usd worth of gift cards at 10% off then used the code on sale items to increase savings the gift card code emailed to me may not work for orders outside the states? I've never inquired about it but I did read enough fine print on their site that it scared me enough that I may not be able to use their emailed gift card codes.

tw may have changed their shipping fees to Canada which would be awesome, when I started ordering from them whether I had 1 item or 40 items when I looked at shipping it was around 20 usd so I always ordered in bulk. As far as complication goes on sales their sales are the easiest minus days of savings to figure out as it's % based and always on the same day like july 4th 15% memorial day 10% off some brands like shimano are always excluded 30% off part is easy log into their site on black friday and their homepage will be a giant tab that says 30% these brands instead of traditional 20%.

hmmm....... I just checked shipping on 1 smithwick jerkbait at 5.99 usd when I type in shipping estimate my postal code and canada it says 20 shipping charge I can't find a way to change it to a cheaper shipping method?

PMEmail Poster
beanstir
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 - 10:10 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 2513

What is "UPS Worldwide Saver"? My experience with UPS shipping from the States is very expensive. I used to order from Tacklewarehouse when they shipped with USPS. When they switched delivery to UPS Worldwide Saver I stopped ordering from Tacklewarehouse. I now use FishUSA. Are there any extra charges when using UPS Worldwide Saver other than the original shipping charge?

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 - 04:36 am

Smolt Trout

Actually I'm not sure what UPS worldwide is, it always comes through fedex for me, no extra fees, paying taxes on arrival kinda sucks as a convenience factor, but I've never been dinged by tw other than shipping fees, and to be fair as a consideration tw does ship from california to the land of lakes region in 2-3 days. The problem for me is I don't exactly need $500 worth of bass tackle in late november so I'd rather wait an extra week and have free shipping.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 - 06:44 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7713

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a great online fishing store but never ordered anything from them.

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 - 08:40 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

QUOTE (beanstir @ Jul 19, 2018 - 10:10 pm)
What is "UPS Worldwide Saver"? My experience with UPS shipping from the States is very expensive. I used to order from Tacklewarehouse when they shipped with USPS. When they switched delivery to UPS Worldwide Saver I stopped ordering from Tacklewarehouse. I now use FishUSA. Are there any extra charges when using UPS Worldwide Saver other than the original shipping charge?

I'm not sure about others but since the switch to UPS, I always got dinged with import fees which never used to happen when they were using USPS.

So now I rarely order from them or order through a friend in Buffalo and they give it to me when they visit.

Alex

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace