Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aqua-Vu under water camera
Chevy
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 - 08:54 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

QUOTE (chazD @ Jan 11, 2019 - 05:42 pm)
All in all I was pretty happy with the quality of picture. I found it was more helpful if your ice fishing a lake where you're home hopping. Helps to see the structure . Drill a hole drop the camera and take a look around. Move on if you don't like what you see.

Your camera seems to work very well Chaz. I doubt the old one I inherited works that well.
I'm still not certain it's worth bringing up.
I appreciate all the input
Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Fish_Finder
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 - 11:02 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 15304

I took my new Aqua vu camera on our trip from Jan 13-16. With the LED light the visibility was poor with a max of 2 feet due to the low visibility.

With the Infrared light though it was much better. I could see about 5-6 feet and watched several walleye approach the minnow. It was interesting to watch the walleye. They just sat beside the minnow and looked at it, bumped it a few times and would either swim away or would eat it...but when they ate it the inhale was so slow...just the tail first and they'd just sit there with the head/body sticking out of their mouth. Then they'd SLOWLY swim away and only then would they inhale it fully.

Talk about a light bite!

I do think a flasher is better over all though. It's too dark in the morning and evening to see much of anything. It really only works mid day.

Summertime though this camera will be pretty sweet.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace