Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Ľ Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cmon Man!
TMAN
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 - 10:11 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3811

It's been a long time since I was at bronte. River was full of salmon was pretty cool to see. However I do remember someone walking away with a bucket full of roe.... Didn't know much about it at the time as I was too young to know any different. However as I walked up stream to observe these beautiful fish there were a number of them dead with their bellies split open and left there to rot......
couldn't believe someone could do that but I guess it happens too often

PMEmail Poster
oakvilleguy
Posted: Aug 18, 2018 - 04:21 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3918

Iv been fishing bronte creek since I was a kid and has been 20 years now. The way I have see the salmon and rainbows treated on bronte is brutal and gets worse and worse to where I havenít gone down till the salmon are gone and itís late season for bows. Seems liken The trash gets worse and worse every year even with the Halton salmon and trout garbage day in oct after we spent time to clean it up. I feel bronte is a loosing cause

PMEmail Poster
dmorrs35
Posted: Aug 20, 2018 - 07:53 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

QUOTE (oakvilleguy @ Aug 18, 2018 - 04:21 pm)
Iv been fishing bronte creek since I was a kid and has been 20 years now. The way I have see the salmon and rainbows treated on bronte is brutal and gets worse and worse to where I havenít gone down till the salmon are gone and itís late season for bows. Seems liken The trash gets worse and worse every year even with the Halton salmon and trout garbage day in oct after we spent time to clean it up. I feel bronte is a loosing cause

sure is! have you seen petro park? just absolute insanity! I went down there once and the garbage, dead rotting fish, the smell, and people literally fighting over the same fish that they both hooked! a couple guys walking away with more than 5 salmon each. so much garbage... litter and people, garbage... only a couple weeks away now... still lots of fun to be had! I did keep one female last year. it died on me before I even had my hands on it. I took the eggs, but I also took the fillets in hopes to salvage it in anyway. I smoked it, and it wasn't anything spectacular nor it did not last long at all... I see why people don't want to keep the meat but if you are going to take the eggs, don't kill the fish. a buddy showed me what he does. he catches a female and will just get one squeeze's worth of eggs then release. I don't think that harms the fish and that female gets to swim off and spawn with the majority of its eggs if it makes it to the spawning grounds. (anyone else do that and can confirm?)

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 12:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

if it is really ripe, yes you can do that, eggs wiil just dribble out, take 10 % and release. might survive, might not as it still has the gauntlet to pass

problem is, lots want skein, so fish is killed for that

I do not have the solution, but think that once fish reach a certain point in the rivers, they should be closed to fishing, unless we stick to the model of a strictly put and take fishery

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace