Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Looking for tips on fall Crappie, Sept and Oct
Gone4Fishn
Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 01:29 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13018

Hi,

I'm NOT looking/asking for your honey hole or hot spot on a lake.

At what dept should I troll during fall and find the cappies ?

If the weather permits this Sunday, Ill try your tip.

PMEmail Poster
Live_To_Fish
Posted: Oct 17, 2018 - 06:32 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3513

Hey Gone4Fishn, not sure if you had seen it or not, but someone posted a comment on one of my topics about this same scenario after I was out a while back in early fall and I had mentioned to them I basically stumbled across this article and based my fishing locations based on water temp which they break down in five degree increments throughout the year which had helped me on the day I was out. Now that my boat has been put to bed for the winter I am done for the season, but hope this article helps you find them. Good luck and let me know how you do.

Tight Lines.

https://scout.com/outdoors/fishing/Article/...grees-105099554

PMEmail Poster
Gone4Fishn
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 12:54 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13018

QUOTE (Live_To_Fish @ Oct 17, 2018 - 06:32 pm)
Hey Gone4Fishn, not sure if you had seen it or not, but someone posted a comment on one of my topics about this same scenario after I was out a while back in early fall and I had mentioned to them I basically stumbled across this article and based my fishing locations based on water temp which they break down in five degree increments throughout the year which had helped me on the day I was out. Now that my boat has been put to bed for the winter I am done for the season, but hope this article helps you find them. Good luck and let me know how you do.

Tight Lines.

https://scout.com/outdoors/fishing/Article/...grees-105099554

Thanks for the link. this is useful

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 07:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

Troll? Nada! Wind drift with a small tube jig 1/6 or 1/32.As for colour of tube,well we all have our preference! Chartreuse or White with specks works for me.Water is cold right now,I would be concentrating on 20-30 fow.Depending on strength of the wind sometimes I use a drift sock to slow the drift down.You want your tube to drift 3-5 feet off bottom as Crappie look upwards to feed.Good luck.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Live_To_Fish
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 08:35 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3513

No problem.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace