Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shortened day due to trolling motor issues, Sturgeon Lake
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 12:00 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14137

Hey everyone. Was able to get out with a friend of mine on Sturgeon Lake. We launched from Bobcaygeon Park and set out on a 10 minute boat ride to our first spot. We got our rods ready to go and were excited to begin.

My friend then lowered the trolling motor and realized it was not working. He was sure he charged the batteries and it said 100% charged. He then checked the wiring and still nothing.

We then decided to drive over to a marina but it was closed. We drove to another marina and it was closed as well.

So we then decided to pull the boat out and take it to boat shop where they sell and repair boats. Luckily it was only 5 minutes from the launch. The gentleman there was so willing to help us and he did. He found a loose wire and fixed the problem. We offered him cash and he refused and said it was his pleasure to help us. Such a great guy and it's still good to know there are kind and helpful people out there.

After thanking him a million times, we decided to launch at Alcona point. Now we were able to fish. I started with my go to Bucktail and about 5 casts in I felt an aggressive strike. She was so angry and was coming straight at the boat. We got her netted and to my surprise she wasn't as big as I thought she was. She measured in at 32 inches but boy was she strong.

About an hour later, my friend got smashed on his jerkbait. This lady was staying down and fighting like a champ. We finally got her netted and she measure in at 40 inches.

We spent a total of 4 hrs but still managed to boat 2 Muskies as well as seeing 2 others.

Below is a pic of mine

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 03:20 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

Well done Mike. That's a beauty!

And yes, it is good to know that people like your repair tech are still around.

PMEmail Poster
kitch
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 05:32 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6900

Good to hear about the mechanic fixing the motor! The fish were a bonus after that! Glad yo are still getting out on the water.

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 06:18 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Nice little lunge and good on the tech for helping ya out!

PMEmail Poster
Hank Jr
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 - 06:50 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6860

Way to go Mike glad you got the motor fixed and got back out on the lake . Thanks for the report.

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 - 08:46 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11477

nice one mikey, you have the magic touch dude!

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 - 11:22 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14137

Thank you kindly for the comments. Hoping to get out a couple more times next week

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 - 01:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11172

Nice fish and nice on the guy who helped you out. 👍

PMEmail Poster
Chad
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 - 08:11 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13508

Dang! Wish I could!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace