Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pristine Pigeon Lake, Gorgeous day on the water
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 10:06 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14137

Hi all. Was able to get out yesterday with one of my best friends for a day of Musky fishing. We rented a 14ft aluminum with 15hp from Pigeon Lake Resort .

We could not believe how warm and calm it was on the water. The two of us have been caught in really bad storms or severe cold weather together plenty of times before but this time we were in for a good day weatherwise.

Before heading out, I spoke to my guide, Hank, and he helped put together a gameplan. So we went to our first spot and began fishing. Then we noticed a boat speeding towards us . As it got closer, I realized it was my good friend Tyler and one of his buddies.

We chatted a bit and began fishing. We were both fishing the same weedline so I turned to Peter and said let's move to the next spot . We raced up the lake to Big Island and that's where we encountered our first Musky. A couple casts into our second spot, Peter yelled he had a fish on . We got her into the net and quickly measured and released her. She was only 28 inches but a great start to the day.

We fished that spot for a bit and then noticed Tyler and his buddy as well as another boat were approaching us to fish where we were.

So once again, we moved to another spot. I made a comment to Peter that there has to be a Musky living here. About half way through our way down, I got an aggressive strike. This lady was so p##### off. She went around and around, jumped 3 times, dove under the boat and then jumped again. While Peter was cheering her on and laughing, I was pleading with her to stay hooked.

We finally got her netted ,measured and released. She measured in at 34 inches.

Not too much happened after that until my last cast. I literally took one last cast right by the resort and had a guesstimated 40incher come in hot on my lure. I figured 8'd for about 3 minutes and she only chased behind the damn lure and would not commit. I replayed that moment over and over in my head to think what I did wrong but um pretty sure I did all I could. She probably just didnt want to eat.

Anyways, we had a great time like we always do and boating 2 Muskies made it so much better.

Still can't believe the weather we had being so close to the end of October.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 11:14 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

Well done Mike. Very nice read.

You probably saw me buzzing around there yesterday. I didn't get there until after lunch for a few short hours. I was targeting crappie yesterday.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 01:17 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Great report Mike, yesterday would have been a great day to be on the water, glad to see someone took advantage of it.

Nice musky

PMEmail Poster
Bredan2003
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 03:23 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16401

Great catch, congrats!!

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 06:20 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14252

Way to go man sets a plan and executes 👍Always a treat to read your posts you make it like we're there with you😜Sounds like a fantastic day thanks for sharing your success!!

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 06:23 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9154

Thatís great that the wind was light for you guys we had strong winds all weekend. Nice fish .

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 - 11:40 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

Nice going Mike. Not sure if you saw the latest uncut angling video but Aaron had a nice one hot on the figure 8 for quite a while and he had an interesting move that sealed the deal. It's called fidget spinner musky fishing. Not sure if posting a link is allowed but I doubt you'll get too many hits if you google "fidget spinner musky " Skip to the end if you're not into shenanigans.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 06:45 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Goshawk @ Oct 23, 2018 - 12:14 pm)

You probably saw me buzzing around there yesterday. I didn't get there until after lunch for a few short hours. I was targeting crappie yesterday.

Hey Lionel, I definitely heard a boat zipping around but couldn't tell who it was. Glad you were out there too to enjoy a great day on the water

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 06:46 am

Lunker Trout

@Bredan, Steve, Fatrap and Lookin4eyes

Thank you guys.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 06:50 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Chuck Enwinde @ Oct 24, 2018 - 12:40 am)
Nice going Mike.  Not sure if you saw the latest uncut angling video but Aaron had a nice one hot on the figure 8 for quite a while and he had an interesting move that sealed the deal.  It's called fidget spinner musky fishing.  Not sure if posting a link is allowed but I doubt you'll get too many hits if you google "fidget spinner musky " Skip to the end if you're not into shenanigans.

Hey Chuck, how's it going.

No I have not seen that episode but I will surely go ahead and watch it now. Thank you so much for pointing it out to me. If there's one thing I have to learn to execute much better, it'll be the Figure 8.

I'm heading out tomorrow again so I'm going to watch that video and mentally prepare myself if I have a hot follow again

Thank you once again

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 06:52 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

QUOTE (MikeyLovesMuskies @ Oct 24, 2018 - 07:45 am)

Hey Lionel, I definitely heard a boat zipping around but couldn't tell who it was. Glad you were out there too to enjoy a great day on the water

I didn't venture very far because I forgot my face cover at home. I only went as far as Stumpy Bay and the Bottom Islands. I couldn't feel my face when I stopped the outboard!!

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 06:57 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Goshawk @ Oct 24, 2018 - 07:52 am)
QUOTE (MikeyLovesMuskies @ Oct 24, 2018 - 07:45 am)

I didn't venture very far because I forgot my face cover at home. I only went as far as Stumpy Bay and the Bottom Islands. I couldn't feel my face when I stopped the outboard!!

Then I definitely seen you zipping around because we fished bottom islands a few times that day.

You must have been flying for you to be that cold

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 08:04 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Dude, I was right there with you! Great report and great job putting together a plan and executing! Glad that weather was good for you too, that's the biggest factor in fishing this time of year!

Time on the water with you is something every person should jump at, it'll really put a smile on their face and with the way you're hammering them they'll have fun reeling them in too!

PMEmail Poster
Chad
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 09:19 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13508

Mike, your not making my post season easy. Boat is in the garage😡. Hope we can get out sometime next season.👍

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 12:14 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Chad @ Oct 24, 2018 - 10:19 pm)
Mike, your not making my post season easy. Boat is in the garage😡. Hope we can get out sometime next season.👍

Hey Chad, I would definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks for that.

I'm trying to fish as far into the season as I can

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace