Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Muskoka
greenhead22
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 08:16 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8182

Hey everyone,

I'm heading up to my buddies cottage tommorow and since he has never fished, he doesn't know what to use or where to fish.

I'm used to fishing the kawarthas, which is quite different from the muskokas!

Lakers seem to be the popular fish on the lake but I've never fished for them. What bait should I use? What depth should I look for them in?

Thanks

PMEmail Poster
Northern Ghost
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 03:57 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4727

Lakers tend to run deep real close to the bottom. I prefer using C.I.L. Red Lures,toss one in with a 2" det cord and you will bring them to the top fairly quick I would imagine. Would you not agree TrapperDirk or Backwoodsman?

PMEmail Poster
trapperdirk
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 04:53 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4400

QUOTE (Northern Ghost @ Jun 17, 2015 - 03:57 pm)
Lakers tend to run deep real close to the bottom. I prefer using C.I.L. Red Lures,toss one in with a 2" det cord and you will bring them to the top fairly quick I would imagine. Would you not agree TrapperDirk or Backwoodsman?

Yes the C.I.L . wobbler was a very popular method in it's day and still guaranteed to work a 100% of the time unless there are zero fish in the lake .

TD

PM
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 05:15 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 98

Yup have to agree, works every time, Can be seen in the movie with Paul Hogan, as Mic in Crock Dundee

PMEmail Poster
greenhead22
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 06:21 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8182

Alright thanks guys I think I have something that looks similar I'll give it a try

PMEmail Poster
PorterPants
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 06:21 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9588

Lakers are great in Muskoka but don't forget about the beautiful Pickerel and northern pike that are there. I have also pulled some good size smallmouth from lake muskoka and lake joeseph.

PMEmail Poster
taz
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 12:27 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 3467

Use a downrigger if you got one. Medium William's Wobbler, silver when sunny and gold when cloudy. Set up 2 lines, one at 45', the other at 55'. Look for suspended fish in deeper water adjacent to structure. They may be a little shallower, these are more summer depths.

On Rosseau (same water as Muskoka) some of my best spots are over 200' of water but closer to structure, points, underwater humps, saddles, sheer wall dropoffs, etc. If you find a bait ball on the graph, work that area. Late June is great fishing. On a good morning/afternoon, when the boat traffic was low, we could catch up to 20 lakers off one downrigger.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

ICX Carbon Ice
Fishing Reel

WintePro Insulated
Fishing Gloves

Crampons Ice Cleats
for Winter Boots

Frabill Hub Shelter

Rapala Jigging
Rap Perch

Garmin STRIKER 4
Ice Fishing Bundle

Landworks Eco- Friendly Electric
Cordless Auger Power Head

CLAM 8073 Outdoor
Portable Fish Trap

CLAM Ice Fishing Shelter
Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!