Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Donít be that guy, Fishing 20 feet away
Jstubbs
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 06:59 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16585

Kinda funny to see the different thoughts on this - I feel like on a lake like that it's not too close - lots of people out there all trying to catch a nice dinner - more baits down there the better as long as they aren't super noisy which of course they often are.

The "poaching" of hole/spot stories are super lame though - esp Will's - snakes in the grass - if you were lucky enough to find a nice pocket that's your discovery they should go find their own IMO. It's all part of the adventure anyways.

THAT stuff bugs me.

A hut setting up a stone's throw away isn't the end of the world as long as I can find a place to get out and pee still...

PMEmail Poster
burnzy1945
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 07:54 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3334

You make a good point.
The irony is that I walk all that way to get away from people.

PMEmail Poster
burnzy1945
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 07:54 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3334

QUOTE (kingphoenix @ Jan 14, 2019 - 10:56 am)
QUOTE (GrandRiverWill @ Jan 14, 2019 - 10:50 am)
QUOTE (burnzy1945 @ Jan 14, 2019 - 07:55 am)
Happened twice on Simcoe Saturday.
I walked out 2 klicks and there was no one around.
Two hours pass and two lugens show up and start fishing 40 yards away. FFS i can hear their conversation.
I move, was only catching dinks. Same thing set up away from anyone else. Within the hour some douche drops in and starts fishing, and then bit by bit working his way closer and closer to me.
The lake is huge, I'm not set up on anything unique that can't be found 50m away. I understand that there are special spots but there is the principle of diminishing returns.

Hey Burnzy, I totally get what you're saying but I think other anglers assume that you didn't walk 2km out onto the ice for nothing. I seen some huts way out on the bay and the first thing I thought was they didn't go all the way out there for nothing. If I wasn't so lazy and confident the perch aren't too deep, I'd of ventured out there to see what can be caught!

Im usually walking out in the darkness, and I've been that guy way out there...catching nothing lol Don't know whats going to happen until you get out there. But i find it easier to move back in as the day goes on rather than moving further out. Makes me laugh when the sun comes up and suddenly im surrounded by huts, they dont realize i have no idea what im doing as well

X2

PMEmail Poster
Dee004
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 10:40 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 12369

Next weekend on Cooks

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 10:43 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11509

What area were you at. This was the other side, lots of action.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 10:45 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11509

QUOTE (Dee004 @ Jan 14, 2019 - 10:40 pm)
Next weekend on Cooks

I think I see you.

PMEmail Poster
smokeeter
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 10:13 am

Fry

Member No.: 5083

QUOTE (Dee004 @ Jan 14, 2019 - 10:40 pm)
Next weekend on Cooks

Where's Waldo?

PMEmail Poster
fishermon
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 10:47 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2853

May as well sell the electronics.....Fishing has sure changed! Should we still call it fishing? Does it make sense to drive to a lake.....look for a boat or a hut/person etc. and race over there as fast as you can and set up close by. Why would we waste all that time in a day and find our own self rewarding spots ourselves any more..and I guess your right its time to accept this...I guess

PMEmail Poster
Jstubbs
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 12:00 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 16585

Well the thing is certain areas are known for good fishing - with THAT many people out there and lots of them walking just to GET to the grounds can be a pain in the butt - it is when i walk 45 mins out onto lake st clair just to GET to the city of huts. AND if the good fishing is there, why walk further to get less fish? Seems a bit silly.

At that point I just find a spot that has been vacated or a spot far enough between other huts and plop down - I might move later but that trek sucks.

I'd have to walk another 20 mins to get out and past the village - most people doing THAT are on machines - which I now have - regardless my best day ever of perch fishing in my entire life was in a spot loaded with people - some did better than others but everyone was catching fish. The fact there was over 1000 people and 100's of atv's out there throughout the day made absolutely no difference.

I've also been out there with way less people out and got like 5 dinks in a day in the same area.

Just depends on the day - I don't think spacing is a concern as much if people are not dinks themselves

PMEmail Poster
Fishing Rod
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 03:19 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4539

Looks like everyone's comments made the OP pack up his stuff and move away from us!

PMEmail Poster
Born_to_fish_forced_to_work
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 04:36 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7559

Not too close, but getting there. You are paying to much attention to it. Just fish, and stop your whining. jeez....

PMEmail Poster
Born_to_fish_forced_to_work
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 04:41 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7559

BTW, I saw you taking that picture, that is why I turn my back on you. See you next time coco puffs.

PMEmail Poster
paubro
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 05:03 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6059

Not really that bad at all. I think if you want seclusion you have to go further North (and don't tell anyone lol). When i go to Simcoe I expect to see others relatively close. And i always say Hi. You never know who you might meet or what you might learn!!

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 07:07 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12688

Kinda ignorant to take a pic of someone then post it with out permission. Not to mention saying they have no experience when you donít even know the person. The fact that the topic starter has not added to the 4 pages of feed back says a lot also.

PMEmail Poster
gman1984
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 07:18 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 2522

Exactly, there is no whining n ice fishing...
However it was a bit touchy in the shallows of virginia beach last weekend with black ice no snow cover. Fish got pretty spoooky with normal hole hoping that you experience.
I like minimum 75 to a 100 yards, didnt matter as long as there was 15 minutes of quietness them jumbos came back around. ......
Walleye fishing well different story............we spread out and concur.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace