Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

COVID-19 Announcement

Ontario has enacted a "Declaration of emergency", as stated all
outdoor recreational amenities are now closed. Please Read..

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Slush?, How much?
Species8472
Posted: Mar 03, 2020 - 08:51 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16923

Anybody have recent info on slush conditions in the South Bay area. Heading up Friday for the weekend and will probably head out on the sled both Saturday and Sunday and was wondering how concerned/prepared to be (i.e. should i bring the come along and screw in ice anchors just in case?)

Sled is a Skandic SWT if that matters.

Also I tend to off the beaten track - i.e not on the maintained trails/roads.

PMEmail Poster
southbay
Posted: Mar 04, 2020 - 11:44 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17696

itís getting slushy on top of the ice under a layer of fresh snow. prob several inches worth in spots at the moment. not supposed to get cold till friday night and will be warm the next few days. I would make sure you have those ice anchors handy as itís looking like itís gonna get worse before it gets better

PMEmail Poster
Species8472
Posted: Mar 04, 2020 - 04:42 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16923

QUOTE (southbay @ Mar 04, 2020 - 11:44 am)
itís getting slushy on top of the ice under a layer of fresh snow. prob several inches worth in spots at the moment. not supposed to get cold till friday night and will be warm the next few days. I would make sure you have those ice anchors handy as itís looking like itís gonna get worse before it gets better

Thanks for the info. Gotta get me a 12V winch on that machine.

PMEmail Poster
lund2342
Posted: Mar 05, 2020 - 08:42 am

Fry

Member No.: 5490

It's definitely getting worse. Driving along in an ATV yesterday, you go from no slush to as much as 12-15" where ATV gets stuck. Need to watch where you are driving.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!