Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Balsam Lake report..
fishmagnet
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 01:46 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

Pic

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 03:02 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14818

Nice pics. No cormorants (or maybe cormorant carcasses?). They are pretty aggressive birds when they are chasing fish.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 03:46 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (colanut @ Sep 28, 2020 - 03:02 pm)
Nice pics. No cormorants (or maybe cormorant carcasses?). They are pretty aggressive birds when they are chasing fish.

Oh yah there was cormorants, we noticed one small island loaded with them and all the trees where dead.. It looked awful and glad were up wind from it..

PMEmail Poster
ronzigator
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 06:25 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11378

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Sep 28, 2020 - 10:32 am)
QUOTE (ronzigator @ Sep 28, 2020 - 09:55 am)
I got out for the first time this year on Saturday with my seven and five year olds, and their Grandma and Grandpa. My daughter landed a 5" perch, only fish of the day. It was REALLY rough out there. We were coming back to the west bay from the north part of the lake at around 1:30 in the afternoon and the waves were crashing over the bow of the boat.

Given those conditions, the canoers are really lucky guys to have made it out of there. Really awesome that you and the jetskier were able to come to their rescue and make sure the outcome was a good one.

I know the pics don't show how choppy it was but it was..Yes they are very lucky,I was surprised that the guy in the water at the front of the canoe wasn't nearly as bad as the one guy. I guess because he was doing all the work swimming and muscling the canoe around in the water which kept his blood pumping as the other guy was just being pulled through three water..
When we got back to their dock we told there friends how lucky they were.
They wanted us to stay for a food and drinks but we were just happy it was a happy ending..
Fishing was really tuff, we asked lots of people and they all said the fishing was very slow..

It was a bit of a weird day. Standing on shore it barely felt like there was a wind. Get out 50' off shore anywhere and oh boy, was it ever choppy. And not east-west or north-south choppy, the waves were coming from every direction it seemed. At one point we drove across west bay to south bay and, as I got soaked sitting at the front, I thought "Geez, at least we'll be with the wind on the way back". Yeah, not quite. I got wetter on the way back than on the way there.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!