Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sight fishing crappie vlog report!, Kawartha crappie
TaroMurata
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 - 08:50 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 17334

Hey guys,
Here’s a pretty cool vid of sight fishing for crappie in Kawarthas. Got some good strike on camera in the shallow water too. The stinky dead minnow were helpful also 😂✌️🤢! Hope you like it and good luck out there! Xoxo TM[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/vgKSB6sN2Go[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
mamona
Posted: Jun 13, 2022 - 09:00 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 14206

Nice one pretty cool underwater footage

PMEmail Poster
TaroMurata
Posted: Jun 13, 2022 - 10:46 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 17334

QUOTE (mamona @ Jun 13, 2022 - 09:00 am)
Nice one pretty cool underwater footage

Had a go pro on the end of a painters pole duct taped in a rod holder 😂… thank you btw!

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jun 13, 2022 - 01:32 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Entertaining video as always Taro. You have a great attitude towards fishing and genuine care for the fish. Anyone that goes fishing with you must have a great time. I don't target crappie when they are around the nests, but that is just me. Like I tell people that ask me... " Crappie is open all year " what ever works best each person and respect the fishery. Again, great video and you caught some very nice fish there. I wonder did you eat any this time because last year you didn't in your video with Mr. Huskilson.

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Jun 13, 2022 - 08:16 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 15807

Very nice video...and good to see that even some of the most experienced people also will use real bait, including the the stinky deads, which can be great for some fish (at times killer depending on their moods). It was hard to see the fish on the video. It maybe more work for you (or more cost), but one way to get better views through the water is with a circular polarizing filter (not sure they make them for the Go Pro cameras though)...you can just keep rotating to see at what angle, the glare is most reduced so you can see through the water like polarized sunglasses. It will likely take some more time to fidget with as well so understand if you didn't want to deal with that.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!