Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fishin' for Fitness, What do you think?
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 11:47 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Hi-70wDv2sA[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
LiveBates
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 03:09 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7271

You're awesome brother:) Love your vids since the start. Keep on gettin' your fish on, and 120's doable.

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 03:51 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11172

QUOTE (LiveBates @ Feb 19, 2019 - 03:09 pm)
You're awesome brother:) Love your vids since the start. Keep on gettin' your fish on, and 120's doable.

X2. Way to go Koke.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 10:09 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (LiveBates @ Feb 19, 2019 - 03:09 pm)

Thanks for good words, dudes!

PMEmail Poster
shagdrrotten6969
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 03:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 153

That's it , I'm selling my ATV !! Fishing for Fitness , robotic parts , love it !!

PMEmail Poster
Jumboslayer
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 05:19 pm

Unregistered

Lmao great video koke 👍 made me laugh 😂 you have great points here and I wish I was on the same program as you. You see I tried the walking thing, hauling all my gear and sucking in that cold fresh air and man did it burn. Burn baby burn Iíd tell my lungs lol I did it for a few seasons and due to seeing stars in the middle of the day along with a big black cloud that would come and go as I fell to my knees I gave it up and bought a sled. I used the manual auger as well until the heart rate would get so high Iíd feel like it was going to explode, so I gave that up and bought a gas auger lol

One thing I did do was quit smoking a year ago !! Now my cardio is no where back to where it should be, I still ride the sled out and still use the gas auger but my plan here is to now live till Iím in my 80ís as apposed to my 60ís and missing out on the great outdoors !! So your plan of living till 120 I applaud your positivity and motivation 👍 thatís half the battle right there !!

To all the men and boys in the tights rolling that tractor tire all I can is listen to Koke here, the woman are gonna notice the man with the big beard pulling a heavy sleigh over a frozen pond whistling Dixie before they notice you in the gym with 25 other guys sweating over that same slimy tractor tire bent over staring at each otherís junk lmao 😂

Tight lines 🎣

fishon2
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 06:27 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10106

QUOTE (Jumboslayer @ Feb 20, 2019 - 05:19 pm)
Lmao great video koke 👍 made me laugh 😂 you have great points here and I wish I was on the same program as you. You see I tried the walking thing, hauling all my gear and sucking in that cold fresh air and man did it burn. Burn baby burn Iíd tell my lungs lol I did it for a few seasons and due to seeing stars in the middle of the day along with a big black cloud that would come and go as I fell to my knees I gave it up and bought a sled. I used the manual auger as well until the heart rate would get so high Iíd feel like it was going to explode, so I gave that up and bought a gas auger lol

One thing I did do was quit smoking a year ago !! Now my cardio is no where back to where it should be, I still ride the sled out and still use the gas auger but my plan here is to now live till Iím in my 80ís as apposed to my 60ís and missing out on the great outdoors !! So your plan of living till 120 I applaud your positivity and motivation 👍 thatís half the battle right there !!

To all the men and boys in the tights rolling that tractor tire all I can is listen to Koke here, the woman are gonna notice the man with the big beard pulling a heavy sleigh over a frozen pond whistling Dixie before they notice you in the gym with 25 other guys sweating over that same slimy tractor tire bent over staring at each otherís junk lmao 😂

Tight lines 🎣

x2 got rid of those smokes 7 years now it only gets better

PMEmail Poster
Jamseydee
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 07:06 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15308

Hahahahaha that was great vid bud. I enjoyed it !!

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 04:42 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (shagdrrotten6969 @ Feb 20, 2019 - 03:47 pm)
That's it , I'm selling my ATV !! Fishing for Fitness , robotic parts , love it !!

Lol. Thanks man.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 04:59 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (Jumboslayer @ Feb 20, 2019 - 05:19 pm)

Tight lines 🎣

I hear you man. With the ice thickness now it makes me seriously start to question whether or not I should just get a power auger. While my heart is pounding and I feel like keeling over I just repeating to myself "Fishing for fitness!"

I had some friends visit me who were super hyped about cross fit. We were hauling out a big sled and my friend was feeling the burn. I told him this is the real cross fit. The major difference is there is very real and practical motivation to "Fishing For Fitness". If you don't put in your all to get set up and take down then you don't get to fish. The exercise is to achieve the goal of fishing and not just achieve fitness. Don't get me wrong fitness is a righteous goal but I think it's easier when your motivations are more diverse.

Thanks for the good words. Squeezing in the extra 20 years of fishing and outdoors is a noble endeavor and totally worth while.

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 08:37 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12683

If fishing without shelter just watch out for the sweat and chill effect .It can end a trip quick when you start to freeze up.been there done that.Also Maybe everyone can ditch their snowblowers and grab a shovel for an extra fitness boost, Maybe Not this year. LOL

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 09:19 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11509

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 09:37 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (kenster @ Feb 21, 2019 - 08:37 am)
If fishing without shelter just watch out for the sweat and chill effect .It can end a trip quick when you start to freeze up.been there done that.Also Maybe everyone can ditch their snowblowers and grab a shovel for an extra fitness boost, Maybe Not this year. LOL

Very true kenster. As Les Stroud says, "You sweat you die." I often combat this by having an extra undershirt to change into.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace