Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> South shore ice cabins, 2 days
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 - 03:00 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14767

Glad to here everyone is having a good time up here. Hopefully this crappy weather has brought on the bite.

Good luck girls! Post some pics.

PMEmail Poster
Maxco
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 06:49 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13655

QUOTE (Fishergirl007 @ Feb 13, 2019 - 08:28 am)
Just thought I should warn you, me and 4 other girls are heading up to south shore Sunday-Tuesday in case the fishing is slow itís becaaue we will probably be catching all of the fish good luck and tight lines, looking forward to my 5th year at south shore !!

Wow you weren't kidding!! Lol we got here Sunday too, we were actually coming into the office right behind you guys and we have marked a bunch of fish but nothing wants to bite!!
How are you making out @fishergirl007 ?

PMEmail Poster
Fishergirl007
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 10:33 am

Alevin

Member No.: 8743

Yeah we are definitely marking a lot just canít get them to bite, itís been pretty slow !

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 12:23 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Keep at it. The fish are there, you just gotta figure out what they want.

PMEmail Poster
grampa d
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 08:01 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 17079

we arrived friday morning and had lines wet by 1030 . the cokemachine had cast a fish spell on us and it worked with 12 fish caught in the first two hours . then the gale force winds came and blew the spell away . total fish for the weekend was 20 one pike one whitefish five small walleye and 13 perch . the beer was cold , the laughs were many and a good time was had by all . deaner

PMEmail Poster
Paddy
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 11:17 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4885

Feb.15-17, 2019

Just got back from SSIC as well. I have to say, Garnet and Cara Lee are the best hosts we've had the pleasure of visiting. Been with 2 other operators and they were both great, but without going into detail, SSIC goes above what is expected. A huge thank you, and seeya next year.

Our group was 3 adults (2 who fished hard and 1 who slept most of the time). 4 kids between the ages of 7 and 10 who fished once in a while but the fishing was too slow to hold their interest.

Group was dropped off at the hut around 10:00am Friday morning, put the flashers down first and immediately marked fish. So my 7 year old drops a tipped spoon and played with a mark for a few minutes and got the first eye in the boat. 12.25"

Caught a half dozen fish the first couple hours and as Grampa D stated, slowed right down. Same as everyone else was saying, tons of window shoppers, but they wouldn't bite. Tried it all. The only thing we wish we would have had were mealworms, spikes, or some small panfish plastics. The perch were spitting up scuds.

Friday was okay (8 wallies, 1 perch, 1 herring)
Saturday was painful (1 wally, 2 perch, 2 herring)
Sunday morning was lockjaw (1 perch, 1 herring)

Total:

9 picks
4 perch
4 herring

(1 keeper eye, a hair over 18" and no cheating)

Heading to West Arm in June, can't wait.

PMEmail Poster
grampa d
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 11:31 am

Alevin

Member No.: 17079

PADDY I think we were in condo right behind you n like u said garnet n crew do a great job . we r booked for same time next year grampa d

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 11:44 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4328

QUOTE (grampa d @ Feb 18, 2019 - 08:01 pm)
we arrived friday morning and had lines wet by 1030 . the cokemachine had cast a fish spell on us and it worked with 12 fish caught in the first two hours . then the gale force winds came and blew the spell away . total fish for the weekend was 20 one pike one whitefish five small walleye and 13 perch . the beer was cold , the laughs were many and a good time was had by all . deaner

I guess I should have mentioned that there was a time limit on that spell...lol. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

PMEmail Poster
Fishergirl007
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 09:37 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 8743

Just came back from ssic me and the girls had an amazing time!
First night was a lot of laughs, drinks 1 herring, 1 walleye & 1 mudd puppie

Second day 3 herring 1 perch and 15 walleye!!
green seemed to be the lucky color ! And last morning was 2 perch !
Huge thank you to Cara lee and Garnet who always do a great job looking after us , looking forward to next year tight lines

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace