» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Notty, Is there any fish in it?????????????
Fisherman
Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 08:13 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

QUOTE (1stdrift @ Nov 27, 2019 - 08:01 pm)
I took a trip up to angus on Monday right at hwy 90. 1st time Iv ever been their. As I pulled in, I came up to a massive sign saying. “NO TRESPASSING” etc etc. The road that wines north. Talked an old fellow and he said it’s allllll closed down now bc some a##***** got in some big argument with a lady who’s land was on the river that had no trespassing signs. They told her to go **** herself and everything in the book and now it’s all closed down. Is this very recent??? So elderly man told me from the 90bridge north there’s only 100m that can me fished now???????

No, been quite a number of years. Years ago we could go down the north side all the way to the end, then the internet came with everyone in tow leaving all their garbage behind. They put out big garbage barrels but people were to frigging lazy to aim and garbage was everywhere. Landowner were virtually threatened, now it's closed, I don't blame them.
the available area is Essa Township property, a special $40 permit must be bought.

PM
steelheader
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 - 02:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Hope all our members take the time to watch the "Artifishal" movie , Especially the section showing under water shots of atlantic salmon in the pens .. These are the fish your'e buying on sale in your stores ./..

The medical profession is against any consumption of these fish and we should heed that warning , I have witnessed these pens and it could put you off eating any fish again. besides the chemicals, pesticides and growths etc they are screwing up what wild stock we have in our rivers..

IMO..Dave

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 - 04:11 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (steelheader @ Nov 28, 2019 - 02:56 pm)
Hope all our members take the time to watch the "Artifishal" movie , Especially the section showing under water shots of atlantic salmon in the pens .. These are the fish your'e buying on sale in your stores ./..

The medical profession is against any consumption of these fish and we should heed that warning , I have witnessed these pens and it could put you off eating any fish again. besides the chemicals, pesticides and growths etc they are screwing up what wild stock we have in our rivers..

IMO..Dave

AMEN on that one.

PM
Fishnhunt
Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 07:00 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15869

QUOTE (steelheader @ Nov 28, 2019 - 02:56 pm)

IMO..Dave

Great documentary. I found it interesting the steelhead populations in the river that was all but destroyed by the Mt. St. Helens eruptions fully recovered in five years without stocking. It seems that nature can deal with itself just fine....it’s man that it has problems with.

PMEmail Poster
yakfisher
Posted: Dec 09, 2019 - 02:07 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 962

My buddy and I had a pretty good day on Notty yesterday. Only saw 3 other fisherman.
We went 15/25ish.
So yes, there are fish.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace