Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nipissing on foot
Muskyhunter
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 06:25 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13060

Bills - I sent you another pm yesterday. Anyway if you are coming this far North alone, let me know and perhaps we can get together and I will take you out.

Cheers,

Musky

PMEmail Poster
Bassaholic
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 01:31 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3399

QUOTE (FatRap @ Feb 18, 2020 - 12:06 pm)
If not this year next year you should try and book with an operator. By the time you rent a hotel room, purchase bait and all the extra work of walking out and trying to figure out the lake it may cost you about the same to rent from an operator and have them transport you out to a bungalow for a couple of days or they also offer cottages on shore and transport you out to day huts for the day. We fished Thursday noon to Sunday noon, minnows included for under 300.00 Cdn. each this year...

And that's cheap??? Our trips have cost less than half of that for the same amount of time and we have a comfy bed and a real bathroom to come home to at the end of the day. Plus we've caught three times as many fish as I ever did staying in a hut. This year was my 3rd year in a row doing a DIY trip to Nipissing and we'll never go back to the overnight huts. I know there's a lot of good operators out there but if you have all the gear and are willing to put in a little effort you can definitely do it yourself. PM me if you want anymore details.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 01:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

I go out with ops for the day and stay in motels at night. I party camped when I was younger, now I enjoy the fishing and then being comfy at night, and enjoyng some of the North Bay nightlife. I to would go out on my own, but it just seems that dragging all the extra gear and setting up, just seems like my fun, relaxing trip would be much more work. The weather is always the great unknown.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 03:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (Bassaholic @ Feb 22, 2020 - 01:31 pm)
If not this year next year you should try and book with an operator. By the time you rent a hotel room, purchase bait and all the extra work of walking out and trying to figure out the lake it may cost you about the same to rent from an operator and have them transport you out to a bungalow for a couple of days or they also offer cottages on shore and transport you out to day huts for the day. We fished Thursday noon to Sunday noon, minnows included for under 300.00 Cdn. each this year...

And that's cheap??? Our trips have cost less than half of that for the same amount of time and we have a comfy bed and a real bathroom to come home to at the end of the day. Plus we've caught three times as many fish as I ever did staying in a hut. This year was my 3rd year in a row doing a DIY trip to Nipissing and we'll never go back to the overnight huts. I know there's a lot of good operators out there but if you have all the gear and are willing to put in a little effort you can definitely do it yourself. PM me if you want anymore details.

Are you guys running sleds / quads ?

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 04:28 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Bassaholic @ Feb 22, 2020 - 03:31 pm)

To me that's cheap, travel in the summer you pay an average of 150.00 a night just for a hotel......plus I don't have all the gear and not really into putting in any effort.....I am old and like fishing from the edge of my bed. I completely understand the concept of moving around to find the fish equals better odds of more fish caught but that's not what our weekends are all about up there, 5 of the guys in our group this is the only time we get together so being able to spend time with lifelong friends is what it is all about for us.......priceless.

PMEmail Poster
Bassaholic
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 06:41 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3399

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 22, 2020 - 03:54 pm)

We are just on foot. Although the one year we drove out a couple times in my buddies SUV when there was 20" of ice. We have discussed bringing quads, but at this point we're more than happy with our success and our set-up as it is.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 07:43 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (Bassaholic @ Feb 22, 2020 - 06:41 pm)
QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 22, 2020 - 03:54 pm)

We are just on foot. Although the one year we drove out a couple times in my buddies SUV when there was 20" of ice. We have discussed bringing quads, but at this point we're more than happy with our success and our set-up as it is.

PM sent

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!